content

Rappelz Forums

What Pet are You?

The patch for Rappelz won't update?

Get help with technical problems from fellow players here. This forum is not monitored by the Customer Support Team and is intended to be a community-based help.

The patch for Rappelz won't update?

Postby lovehatecha28 » May 5th, 2011, 12:29 pm

I love this game, but it stopped working on my computer. I have tried changing my firewall settings, and I even changed the dps. nothing will work. I keep getting this download failed (qXY.(&OXdWHYpv76eI}_'d1%'2Z=1v!0V) or something like that. I just want it work again. please help!
lovehatecha28
Poultry

Re: The patch for Rappelz won't update?

Postby thundernikk » May 5th, 2011, 4:54 pm

What security software are you running?

Sometimes along with firewalls the exceptions need to be set in Anti-virus security programs in order for the game to update and run.

Any time the Virus definitions get updated you can run into this issue if you haven't previously set exceptions.

I can give you some links to a few files direct to the patch server. Sometimes replacing certain files can get past patching errors also...

http://rappelzpatchdownload.gpotato.com ... SFrame.exe

http://rappelzpatchdownload.gpotato.com ... uncher.exe

Maybe if you did not have exceptions set in your AV depending on which one you are running it could have already corrupted your installation. If none of the above works reinstalling may be your only option.

Make sure if you do you check out this post...

viewtopic.php?f=6&t=982960

Also make sure you set all of the proper exceptions so that you do not run into the same issue where after running the fresh install once it fails to work again.
surreal34 wrote:Disclaimer: These numbers are entirely fictional and do not represent actual numbers in any way, except for the fact that they are numerical.
thundernikk
Rappelz User

Postby itoki » May 5th, 2011, 5:15 pm

This problem is resolved now. Sorry about the inconvenience.
Customer Service: Rappelz@gala-net.com
Billing/Item Shop Help: Billing@gala-net.com
itoki
Rappelz User

Client launcher won't update itself!!!

Postby lovehatecha28 » May 17th, 2011, 1:17 pm

My client launcher won't update. It comes up with this funky error (qXY.(&OXD....etc. I have re-installed the game, set my firewall to allow the launcher and anything rappelz related, added it to allowed programs on my internet options, but it still won't upgrade. Someone told me that it might have something to do with my NETGEAR firewall, whatever that is. :P I don't know what to do and I REALLY, REALLY want to get back to playing Rappelz.
lovehatecha28
Poultry

Re: Client launcher won't update itself!!!

Postby drennan » May 17th, 2011, 1:29 pm

Try clearing Internet Explorer's cache and running the launcher again.

If it still fails, please post the version numbers of your client and launcher (found at the bottom of the launcher window).
Inquisitor Generalis
Billing/Item Shop Issues: Billing@gala-net.com
drennan
Rappelz User

Postby lovehatecha28 » May 17th, 2011, 1:46 pm

I have set my firewall to allow anything Rappelz. I even added it (Rappelz related) to my internet trusted sites. I think it might be my virus software blocking it from updating, but I am not sure. I have re-installed it and have tried a lot of different things and it still won't update. I read the additional post that you loaded, but I don't think it helped. I tried your links that you posted too, but one had another error and the other one I already had.

Thanks for your help and advice. I really appreciate it. :D
lovehatecha28
Poultry

Postby thundernikk » May 17th, 2011, 1:50 pm

What is the issue now? Because the issue you were having that night was on their end and resolved.

itoki wrote:This problem is resolved now. Sorry about the inconvenience.
surreal34 wrote:Disclaimer: These numbers are entirely fictional and do not represent actual numbers in any way, except for the fact that they are numerical.
thundernikk
Rappelz User

Postby lovehatecha28 » May 18th, 2011, 12:25 pm

I have Mozilla internet and I know how to clear the history, but not the Internet Explorer's cache. I am really glad for the help if only I knew how to do that. Thanks. ^^

Clueless.
lovehatecha28
Poultry

Postby drennan » May 18th, 2011, 1:21 pm

lovehatecha28 wrote:I have Mozilla internet and I know how to clear the history, but not the Internet Explorer's cache. I am really glad for the help if only I knew how to do that. Thanks. ^^

Clueless.

- Hold down the Windows button and press R (or click Start menu -> Run)

- In the resulting dialog, enter "inetcpl.cpl" (without quotes), press Enter

- In the resulting Internet Properties control panel applet, press the "Deleteā€¦" button on the General tab in the "Browsing history" section

- Check the "Temporary Internet files" checkbox if it isn't already checked

- Press the Delete button
Inquisitor Generalis
Billing/Item Shop Issues: Billing@gala-net.com
drennan
Rappelz User

Return to Technical Assistance