content

Rappelz Forums

What Pet are You?

i got GameGuard Initialization fail error code 114

Get help with technical problems from fellow players here. This forum is not monitored by the Customer Support Team and is intended to be a community-based help.

i got GameGuard Initialization fail error code 114

Postby av09 » March 17th, 2011, 7:46 am

how can i fix it i keep getting i got GameGuard Initialization fail error code 114

i tryed everything i just wanna play :(( :cry:
av09
Poultry

Re: i got GameGuard Initialization fail error code 114

Postby thundernikk » March 17th, 2011, 7:54 am

Make sure you have gameguard.des and gamemon.des added to your firewalls and your Anti-Virus protections real time scanning exceptions.

I am pretty sure this is an anti-virus real time protection issue that blocks game guard from running, thus you get an initialization error.
surreal34 wrote:Disclaimer: These numbers are entirely fictional and do not represent actual numbers in any way, except for the fact that they are numerical.
thundernikk
Rappelz User

Postby av09 » March 17th, 2011, 7:58 am

thunder how can i make it work than how can i add them to antivirus im using avast btw
av09
Poultry

Postby friartuck » March 17th, 2011, 12:40 pm

I get the usual gameguard error too since the latest avast patch to V6 today. Stopping the virus shields temporarily and stopping the service did not help either. I read on another forum that this is problem for people running 32 bit Vista. Apart from uninstalling avast I am for the moment at a loss on how to play rappelz.
Naga: MaidMarian (R7 BS)
Wise men talk because they have something to say; fools talk because they have to say something.
friartuck
Wolf

Postby thundernikk » March 17th, 2011, 1:28 pm

av09 wrote:thunder how can i make it work than how can i add them to antivirus im using avast btw

I am not sure how you add them in Avast...you can try asking the question in google.

I only use Microsoft Security Essentials. I have noticed a lot of lag caused by running third party security programs and I just don't like them any more.

If something sneaks through the cracks on me I know how to deal with it and get rid of the issues anyway.

Just type into google How to set real time scanning or blocking exceptions in Avast
surreal34 wrote:Disclaimer: These numbers are entirely fictional and do not represent actual numbers in any way, except for the fact that they are numerical.
thundernikk
Rappelz User

Postby iamyourfriend » March 19th, 2011, 2:09 pm

I've been experiencing this same gameguard error for at least two weeks. Though i did everything that could be done, that error keeps happening.
I use avast as anti virus too.

I have sent mails to technical support but no interesting answer, sent the error message to n protect ... nothing happens.

hmmm
iamyourfriend
Pantera

Postby snoopdoggpound » March 22nd, 2011, 4:08 pm

same problem.

it just started today, not really sure why. I've rebooted like it tells me to (lol) but its still not working =p. I also use avast.

I tried putting the Rappelz folder in the exclusions part of both the Real-Time Shields and excluding it from scans..error code [114]

the weird thing is, it appears to be starting. Connecting, checking, downloading, authenticating all run smoothly, but then err code[114] junk pops up =/
snoopdoggpound
Harpy

Postby snoopdoggpound » March 23rd, 2011, 2:53 pm

The only solution I have found is to uninstall avast!, which is not really much of a solution -.-
snoopdoggpound
Harpy

Postby mh101005 » March 24th, 2011, 8:48 am

sheesh - glad its not just me - i had a trojan try to attack and completely rebuilt my laptop so coincidence that rappelz isnt working i guess. Cant see avast doing anything about this though.

Mebbe we should be going after game guard to get it sorted.
mh101005
Poultry

Postby amethystgirl » March 27th, 2011, 12:08 am

I had this same problem. With Avast 6.0.1000 installed and trying to launch Rappelz, it was a never ending story of error 114. Uninstalled Avast and it worked. Avast 5.0.677 worked also.

But good news! I did some research and this is what I found. GameGuard is actually a anti-cheating root-kit! Avast blocks suspicious root-kit code from opening on your computer now in 6.0.1000. GameGuard is also a form of anti-virus... and you know the story about running 2 antiviral programs at once, bad compatibility issues!

Some more good news! there is a fix!
Avast has fixed the GameGuard compatibility issues in a vew version 6.0.1044 RC! I tried it and vola! Rappelz launches and all is well :)

Download Avast 6.0.1044 RC here: http://forum.avast.com/index.php?topic=74515.0
amethystgirl
Poultry

Postby iamyourfriend » March 27th, 2011, 8:04 am

Updating avast is the solution, thank you so much ;)
iamyourfriend
Pantera

Return to Technical Assistance