content

Rappelz Forums

What Pet are You?

Rappelz w/ Sandboxie

Get help with technical problems from fellow players here. This forum is not monitored by the Customer Support Team and is intended to be a community-based help.

Rappelz w/ Sandboxie

Postby irishjosh » January 21st, 2011, 3:52 pm

I'm only "duplicating" this thread as such because I have been trying to do this same thing as this guy (http://rappelz-forum.gpotato.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=986505&p=6028730&hilit=Sandboxie&sid=2fa19205d8533b3dd86ce6f981495f26&sid=2fa19205d8533b3dd86ce6f981495f26#p6028730), that is try to run Rappelz in "Sandboxie" so that I can dual box Rappelz, for trades and buff slaving in ToA DP's as I find huna's to be totally useless (no offense really, that's just my experience).

I have Rappelz fully installed and updated into Sandboxie, however Game Guard comes up with the initialisation error, even though I am running nothing else on my computer let alone Rappelz, so don't say its because I'm already dual boxing. This is the filepath that I have my second copy of Rappelz downloaded to: C:\Sandbox\Joshua\DefaultBox\drive\C\Program Files\Sandboxie and this is where I have my original copy of Rappelz saved to: C:\Program Files\gPotato\Rappelz. So I'm seriously not seeing where the problem lies, anybody who can shed some light as to how to amend this problem?
mathiascronqvist wrote:
irishjosh wrote:I honestly wonder if anybody has a soul who plays on Baha

Baha players have no soul, it's a prerequisite to join.

irishjosh
Ifrit

Re: Rappelz w/ Sandboxie

Postby thundernikk » January 21st, 2011, 6:07 pm

I know very little about sandboxie, but game guard initialization errors are commonly cause by game guard not being able to connect to its update server to either update or verify its current version...

http://www.gameguard.co.kr/gameguard/fa ... AQ_114.htm

See also...

http://www.gameguard.co.kr/gameguard/fa ... AQ_3xx.htm

Don't know if it will help or not.
surreal34 wrote:Disclaimer: These numbers are entirely fictional and do not represent actual numbers in any way, except for the fact that they are numerical.
thundernikk
Rappelz User

Re: Rappelz w/ Sandboxie

Postby ironash » January 25th, 2011, 10:14 pm

I just got sandboxie running on my machine.

I'm not sure why you're copying files over to sandboxie. I didn't have to do any of that. I just chose the "run any program" from the sandbox, browse to my rappelz directory, and chose Launcher.exe.

Now, there was one thing that I did have to alter from the default settings in the sandbox. Sandbox>Default Box>Sandbox Settings>(new window appears)>Restrictions>Drop Rights> It was here that I had to un-click the check box for "Drop Rights for Administrators and Power Users Groups".

I'm running Windows 7 64bit. Other than the drop rights thing, I have no trouble getting it going as long as I'm windowed and run the sandbox'd instance first.
casvalzd wrote:This game isn't rocket surgery.

rangedatkftw wrote:I wish they would fix the )(*#%)(*%#$ text bug on the pet belt skill.
ironash
Ifrit

Return to Technical Assistance