content

Rappelz Forums

What Pet are You?

GameGuard Disconnect

Get help with technical problems from fellow players here. This forum is not monitored by the Customer Support Team and is intended to be a community-based help.

GameGuard Disconnect

Postby distantfire » April 5th, 2010, 2:10 pm

After trying for two days unsuccesfully, and not finding any other threads on the subject, I've decided I def. need some help.

Everytime i start the game, I reach the login screen, login succesfully, and depending on how quickly my computer is running, I either make it to the character selection screen, or I log in and I recieve the following message: "GameGuard has been altered." My only option is to click confirm, so I'm forced to click. A second or two later I then recieve the message, "GameGuard has been disconnected" with no other option than to "confirm." After this, the game then closes.

I attempted to fix the problem by turning off firewalls and restarting, but no change. Is this problem happening to anyone else?

As far as I'm concerned, I have no errors with my computer, as it has always run in the past (though I'll admit I havent played since around late december). I also wasn't aware system specs have changed in any way, so I assume that is not the problem. However, I am in a hotel using their internet service, would that cause a potential problem?

If anyone knows a potential fix, feel free to suggest, and if you need to know certain info about my computer, or the service I'm using (I'm at Hampton Inn) then feel free to ask, though you might need to tell me how to find it.

Thanks a billion for reading my novel-of-a-post, and thanks in advance for any suggestions given!
distantfire
Wolf

Re: GameGuard Disconnect

Postby distantfire » April 7th, 2010, 1:06 pm

I finally got the problem solved, so if this is occuring to you as well, heres what tech support reccomended I do, and it worked perfectly!

Thank you for contacting Rappelz support!

If your antivirus has removed files pertaining to GameGuard, you must re-download the GameGuard client and allow the files. Delete the GameGuard folder found in the Rappelz directory (default: c:\Program Files\GALA-NET\Rappelz) and re-launch the Rappelz. This will force GameGuard to re-download the latest version of the software.

Also once this is done, please disable your antivirus protection and start Rappelz. Once you have played the game for 15 minutes, you may re-enable your virus protection. After this you should not have to disable your antivirus to start Rappelz again.

You may also want to try the following: viewtopic.php?f=2&t=956186

Once this is done, please try Rappelz again. Thank you!
distantfire
Wolf

Re: GameGuard Disconnect

Postby distantfire » April 8th, 2010, 1:20 pm

Sorry, I take that back, while it initally worked, this no longer works for me, I don't know why, any ideas?
distantfire
Wolf

Return to Technical Assistance