content

Rappelz Forums

What Pet are You?

The Day the Server Died, Singing Bye Bye...

Discuss anything Rappelz-related with the Unicorn community.

The Day the Server Died, Singing Bye Bye...

Postby lyxi » April 23rd, 2010, 6:06 pm

A definition of the word 'unicorn' on the net read "an imaginary creature represented as a white horse with a long horn growing from its forehead". A definition of the Rappelz server Unicorn could be "a figment of someone's imagination in the form of a dark horse with a large, letter 'L' protruding from between its eyes".

People have fallen off the face of the rappelz earth yet I'm feeling like I'm stick in the abyss of empty dungeons, non-existent dp's, and a few die hard, funny players wondering where the frig everyone went off to and if the frag they're ever going to come back.

I typed some comments in whole chat earlier and a rupee spammer put me on block.

In order to stimulate the economy, I've decided to have a price war in the auction house with myself.

On the plus note, there seems to be one person of every class on the server and I can now say, "Lag, what lag?"

Perhaps we can get random card drops that will allow us to spontaneously drag someone kicking and screaming from another server so we can beat on them like they were one of those bosses the GM's pull out to let the players on other servers have some fun with. Unfortunately, with the lack of dp's we may as well just delevel and play poke-poke-run-die with the big purple bear in Ursa.

Maybe we can have the Dev's/GM's merge classes for us here, so that I can be a Sin, Shadow Hunter, CM, and BS all at once to make up for the lack.

Reward us, Dev's/GM's- give us one month of 300 percent increase in XP with the drop rate, rawr, before you shut us down completely.
lyxi
Salamander

Re: The Day the Server Died, Singing Bye Bye...

Postby xxsithyxx » April 23rd, 2010, 6:15 pm

i suggest that we at least get a character transfer before our server gets cut off lol. With the lack of players on this server its really just pointless to play. We can't be farming all the way up to r6, it would take to long. in 1 day on this server at lvl 9x i only got 1 dp in 6 hours and in another case 1 dp in 3 days...thats just miserable.
xxsithyxx
Poultry

Postby lyxi » April 23rd, 2010, 6:34 pm

Heh.
I don't even think anyone else is reading the forums at this point.
lyxi
Salamander

Postby gatewood » April 24th, 2010, 3:45 pm

The server is only two months old. Plus it isn't listed at the top of the server list. Give it time.

I suspect a lot of people came over from other servers just to try out the new rules (+300% drop, -50% exp) and to experience a new server and have subsequently returned to their previous servers.

I suspect some gave it a try with an openness to making Unicorn their new home, but then for various reasons decided to go back to their previous servers.

And I suspect some greatly increased their playing time for 2 months to reach r4, and now may be taking a hiatus, perhaps with a little burn-out.

But the server is only 2 months old. Participation will go up and down, but I suspect it will gradually increase. If there is little participation on the server in 6-8 months, then that is a different story.
gatewood
Lydian

Postby hippytreehugger » April 27th, 2010, 3:39 pm

i think i wil redeem my recently purchased e.naga and eprot on pantera instead of unicorn :oops:
hippytreehugger
Wolf

Postby entspringen » April 29th, 2010, 3:56 pm

Do u want me to tell you a secret?
the drop rate is broken =) not even a single r3 in an hour with 300% drop rate is a joke.
entspringen
Death Tyrant

Postby copycattt » May 11th, 2010, 1:50 am

Stop complaining and play the game -.-'' it takes time to get something if not make use of the events and get money +___+ and for the dp just get in a guild with the witch quest a person can get to r4 in what? 4 day it just takes time =/

Their is nothing either good nor bad but thinking makes it so.
copycattt
Octopus

Postby positiveliberty » July 13th, 2010, 10:43 pm

Instead of complaining that no ones ever on unicorn server, perhaps you, (as i did) could invest your brain power into creating new ways to grow the server population.

when i was growing up( in real life...), i lived in a house in which we were not allowed to complain unless we could provide a solution to the problem. but hey, you all didnt have the crappy parents i did, so go ahead and bitch about the fallacy that no ones ever here.

or Do something about it.

as always: your choice.

Love,
Rupee.
positiveliberty
Tortus

Return to Unicorn