content

Rappelz Forums

What Pet are You?

Red Pixie

Discuss the pets of Rappelz here.

Red Pixie

Postby grevender » March 19th, 2009, 10:02 am

Hi all ^^

I would like some avices on how to maximize the battle capabilities of my rp, so best stones, equip and so on...

p.s. first post here :P
Image Freedom Force T2 nub Void Mage
grevender
Ice Maiden

Re: Red Pixie

Postby blueheaven67 » March 19th, 2009, 10:06 am

grevender wrote:Hi all ^^

I would like some avices on how to maximize the battle capabilities of my rp, so best stones, equip and so on...

p.s. first post here :P

I prefer int/wisdom stones over the normal int/vit stone on an RP.
Due to the fact that all the damage comes from mostly just two skills, an RP that is missing with it's skills is just useless.

Equipment, 2H staff and warrior armor.

And WOOT for a pet section again.
blueheaven67
Genie

Postby grevender » March 19th, 2009, 11:06 am

how much the staff affect the damage dealt by the pixie?
I already use warrior armor, I also didn't skill her to gain any advantage from magician robes, I think it is useless...
grevender
Ice Maiden

Postby blueheaven67 » March 19th, 2009, 12:23 pm

grevender wrote:how much the staff affect the damage dealt by the pixie?
I already use warrior armor, I also didn't skill her to gain any advantage from magician robes, I think it is useless...

ALOT. The damage output of the RP skills scales percentage wise by it's m.atk, so you want to maximize that as much as possible. Check out the skill info here.
http://rappelzcharacters.com/db_viewpetskills.php?classid=43&sid=74a47415c4a18cc5f9ffb6f80103e458

At LVL 10:
Twin Sphere damage = 160% M.atk (for each hit)
Pixie Fireball damage = 360% M.atk

The magician armor passive adds an extra 10% mp, but I'd sacrifice that for the added pdef of warrior armor as RP's will pull aggro once in a while from badly timed skill ussage.

This is how I currently have my 91 RP skilled for a non-Pet class (Priest):

Passives:

Item Expert: 1jp
M.Atk Passive: Lvl 20 - 20jp
Vison of Intelligence (M.accuracy): lvl 5 - 10jp (optional)
Clarity(Mp regen): Level 10 - 10jp (optional)
Blessing of the Soul(max mp): Level 10 - 10jp (optional)
Wizard Unit: Mace and Staff(+10% m.atk): 2 jp

Actives:
Pixie Fireball: lvl 10 - 10 jp
Twin Sphere: lvl 10 - 10 jp
RP Unity: lvl 5 - 10 jp
Blazing Flame: lvl 5 - 10 jp

Thats 93 JP out of 101JP currently available leaving 8 jp left over.
I choose the added accuracy, mp, and mp regen passives cause on a non-pet class these stats get gimped and acc and mana upkeep can be a problem with steady use.
blueheaven67
Genie

Postby fabula » March 19th, 2009, 4:19 pm

My RP uses mage armor + 2h staff, on a bishop.

I use her mainly for field farming, and there mobs die before getting close enough to attack, so she doesn't really need pdef. Mage armor for the extra max mp, since I only farm for as long as her mp bar lasts.

Didn't get the macc passive yet, she only starts missing a few hits on red mobs, and I usually try not to farm so high (Just because I could doesn't mean I should IMO)

Int/vit stones for two reasons. One is that she shares gear with my BP (And BP does need vit o.O), and the other is that I also use the RP for pvping and I don't want her to die in one hit. For the same reason I got the hp increase passive.

Besides that, just the usual. Maxed clarity, bless the soul, unity and 3 active attacks. Still haven't decided on the pixie fear but I will probably get it later on if I have jp to spare.
fabula
Yeti

Postby rangedatkftw » March 19th, 2009, 5:09 pm

I find these two guides to be very useful when I am considering rp skills...

viewtopic.php?f=423&t=927883
viewtopic.php?f=423&t=901733&start=0

I prefer the first to the second.
E6 Archer Guide
itoki wrote:Because I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. But if you insist....
rangedatkftw
White Dragon

Postby crimnor » March 19th, 2009, 9:41 pm

Short but good advice:

Get all m.atk you can. Then get enough m.acc to always hit mobs you are killing. Then, get all MP you can and you are done. Yes, I use the magician armor passive. It's great, mage armor is even cheaper than warrior, and currently gives my rp over 1000 mp.. no I'm not a petclass.

lol and don't forget the attack skills.. twin sphere and fireball are the most important ones to max for farming.
crimnor
White Dragon

Postby robertthebard » March 19th, 2009, 9:52 pm

Maybe I'm just odd, but I max OB Blessing of Int, and Blessing of Wisdom. Int for matk and mana, and wis for accuracy. I do this on all my rp's and they seldom fail a skill on mobs in the range that I farm. Farming the rp on my SH, my SH will run out of mana before the rp does. I take the armor and weapon passives too. Bless the Soul, and Clarity are a must on a non-pet class, although I take them on my pet classes too. Perpetual nukes FTW.

I should mention that the rp on my SH is only 109 +19, and consistently hits mobs, with skills anyway, up to 125ish. My SH is 115.
squonky wrote: A lvl 67 sally on a 68 sin didn't work. The sally out aggroed me.
robertthebard
Death Tyrant

Postby grevender » March 20th, 2009, 12:22 am

pimped gear would improve the damage even further, I suppose, but that would also mean more probability for the pixie to steal aggro...
grevender
Ice Maiden

Postby naabi » March 20th, 2009, 1:11 am

RIP Yeti: Coolest Server EVER!!1
We Want Our Bunny Cloaks Back and COMPENSATION!!1
*Also Waiting Promised Player Appreciation Event!*
naabi
Ifrit

Postby grevender » March 20th, 2009, 4:15 am

uh, that's good for the skill part, still useful to know about pimped gear and aggro control :)

for example, a problem that I have is this: I am CM, can't wear the Warrior Armor... how do I level it? -___- It would be useful if devs give anyone the ability to wear stuff, but only the correct class will take advantage of this (for example, my CM wearing a Warrior Armor would gain 0 p.def and 0 m.def, but I would still able to level it and put soul stones...)
grevender
Ice Maiden

Postby robertthebard » March 20th, 2009, 5:08 am

Leveling off class armor requires a friend of the appropriate class, or, alternatively, you could try to secure the gear pre-pimped. It's how I've done it since e4. Also, if you have a friend of the appropriate level, and an HV pass, it's cheaper to level.
squonky wrote: A lvl 67 sally on a 68 sin didn't work. The sally out aggroed me.
robertthebard
Death Tyrant

Postby austarlee » March 20th, 2009, 5:28 am

Does anyone try the -%100 threat toggle aka vanishing pixie on full mp build ?
It should be far more effective on the field if not in pvp ... I think mana up keep on pet class is achivable on long terms like 1 hour with some mp transfers at r6 ...
"If anyone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also", or, "An eye for an eye and a tooth for a tooth" ?
NO, Bergen does not get slapped nor does he get an eye ...
austarlee
Nightmare

Postby crimnor » March 20th, 2009, 5:40 am

100% aggro decrease is USELESS.
on field you should kill so fast with the pixie that she has no worries of being hit; mobs die before they reach it.

For dungeon the level 1 aggro decrease is ok, but even it has very high mp cost.
crimnor
White Dragon

Postby robertthebard » March 20th, 2009, 7:14 am

I actually have it to lvl 5 on my SB's rp. I sat in HV for an hour last night with it running along side the unity, and her mana never dropped below 98%. This is on a pet class, with maxed MP expansion, but the MP recovery is still only like 80%. Once that SB passive is maxed, I anticipate that even with Magic Support active on a BS, the rp would never run below 50% mana, no matter what skills she is spamming. This is semi tested on my BS, with a 109 +19 rp.
robertthebard
Death Tyrant

Next

Return to Pet Discussion