content

Rappelz Forums

What Pet are You?

The Best DD Pet in the Game

Discuss the pets of Rappelz here.

The Best DD Pet in the Game

Postby loathmofo » December 26th, 2012, 7:51 pm

Hey Everyone,

I've recently started to play Rappelz again after a huge break and have alot of cash to start over, But I have no idea what pets make good combo's or even what are the best Pets in the game Atm.

I have a R5 Sb and have just sold everything, and wondering what Pets 3-5 Pets I should get in my combo.
I was thinking of a Cerb/Kenta/Angel Combo but I have no idea anymore,

If you guys could give your opinions on the best DD's in the game and Best Combo's for Sb's, that would be Great!
loathmofo
Pantera

Re: The Best DD Pet in the Game

Postby eu56forum » January 4th, 2013, 11:43 pm

well it really really depends how much rupees you can spend.

2n a good (tier&plussed) weapon make a huge difference and is usually more dmg then the tier/stage of the pet...so get a great Master d2 (220 Durabilty) +xx 2h weapon or a bit cheaper +20 d3 old durabilty(210 non masterclass weapon r7) 2h weapon (r5-7) depending on the level of the pet - I would suggest attackspeed or accuracy durability, but thats just me .. usually a higher plus is better regardless if its block def or attackspeed. I recommend getting 2h maces if possible -- best value for money and can be ideally use on most times of pets...including staffwacking pets with decent results...eg my a staged golem using and old d3 +20 mace gets up to 16k pattack and 15k mattack fully buffed and heals upto 35k on a mb, while the s1 dt has 20 pattack with the same set up.. :).

i recommend to get a good mace for the melee pet and a decent staff for the heal pet (and a bow should u decide to get staged harpy).

for a r5 SB i would recommend

a melee dd pet and a s3-5 bp as dual summon pet...and r7 blue pixie is still THE BEST heal pet in game...

Cheap good melee dd pets is a kenta (400m-600m for s0)=- a stage 3 kenta (3-4bn) does extremly good dmg. I would not go for s1 pets, except if the are extremly cheap - remember to you need empty pet cards and a soulshifter to repair staged pets..

Cerbs are currently a bit overpriced at least on our server due to their great "belt" pet status and dont tank very well. Genies look cool but are not hot dd pets for their price tag...

Other great dd pets are s5 harpy, s5 nightmare, s5 sala, s5 lydian - in that order price are in the range most likely to be 3-5bn (sala lydian)-7-10bn (s5 nightmare-s5 harpy) Testing u might try s3 version of it... remember to get artifacts and good rings for the pet...(staged r7 pets love boar rings on souldbreeders...!)

Personally I really liked the dmg /unity and self heal of a Deathtyrant (around 20bn) and would still call it the best soloing dungeon breeder pet and the new tier6 minotour is supposed to be good dmg.

Best melee dd pets would be for a breeder a staged (s3+) dt, staged versions new tier 6 pets...but the price tags are insane...not really worth spending that much on a single pet.

For range pets staged s3 harpy or stage s3 icemaidens are great value for money... (but u would ideally need a good bow for the harpy and a good staff and a magewall for extra mattack for the icemaiden...

A great ranged mage combo on a Masterclass breeder is golem (staged s1 for the boar ring) and a s3-5 icemaiden...

Good luck with your breeder...mine is currently on hold at 162 but used to be in the top 20 before the server merges and exp events...(leader board is still broken since then) ..

Lastly get the right belt pets(lvl90) for your breeder...melee breeders should use a combination of strength, vit and attackspeed...so 4 s3 orcs, (or 2 s0 kenta +2 s3-4 yeti) and 2 s3-4 skeletons (attackspeed/agi).- Beltpets make most sense if you use the appropriated stones in your gear to get the most of it- that would be vit,str and agi/attackspeed.

Good cheap boss cards are ash for the debuff or betrayal before masterclass for 10s more dualsummon duration. i would recomment to get a six slot lamia (or maybe rudra) set belt at r7 not before...
eu56forum
Tortus

Postby lord_eliwood » January 8th, 2013, 1:51 pm

Answering the qustion of the topic title...

The best DD pet in the game is most likely a Drillbot (especially when used as a HLP). Fortunately it also has some nice support toggles too.
lord_eliwood
Red Pixie

Postby corsola112 » January 10th, 2013, 8:33 am

lord_eliwood wrote:Answering the qustion of the topic title...

The best DD pet in the game is most likely a Drillbot (especially when used as a HLP). Fortunately it also has some nice support toggles too.

Of the new pets, Drillbot is on place #4 of best DDers

#1 would be blight ogre, #2 undine and #3 minotaur
ImageImage
WTB Haksa and ghostknight w/ windsong, critrate armor passiv, patk weapon passiv, rapidfire, dex awakening, timing attack -- Baphomet server
corsola112
Rappelz Moderator

Postby tsrulez » January 11th, 2013, 3:07 am

corsola112 wrote:

That is only if you give the ogre enough time to let the dot's be effective.
tsrulez
Salamander

Postby evilite » January 11th, 2013, 4:15 am

Death tyrants are still nice, even compared to the new pets. The money you save by buying a dt instead of ogre is enough for a good axe and armor.. Self-heal is useful if it's used as a hlp..

Retired until further notice! =)
Evilite ~*~ Onesky guild of Lydian -> Fenrir -> Baphomet
Sweden!
evilite
Death Tyrant

Postby lord_eliwood » January 12th, 2013, 5:56 pm

corsola112 wrote:

Really? I would have thought that the Drillbots shorter CD skills (When in Alpha mode) would give it the advantage.

Ogre is good, but as pointed out it needs time.

As for Undine beating the Mino, I agree with this. I looked at skills for Drillbot, Mino and Undine and over 2 mins the Mino can use 17 skills, Undine 24 and Drillbot (In Alpha mode again) 28. (IIRC) However, IF you have 2 Drillbots in party one on Alpha and one on Beta and they both generate the auras for eachother (I have not been able to test or observe this so I do not know if it's possible) then theoretically that would take the Drillbot up to 36 skills in 2 mins which.... Would probably make it the best DD.

However it does quite amuse me that the Mino is the most popular of the DD pets even though it is the worst DD pet of the 4 XD
lord_eliwood
Red Pixie

Postby stardust_dragon » January 23rd, 2013, 4:45 pm

A Lapika pretty much has the same ability slightly better than a Death Tyrant and it come S5 standard.

A Primal Scream pretty much has the naga unity but a kick ass mage pet that out damage all mage pets.

A Draka pretty much a genie/mino and the best dd pet in the game.
Bahamut: 133 Priest GoddesOfLife (Back In Action)
133 Soulbreeder GoddesOfLife (Temporaly in Old Folks Home)
137 Angel SnowQueen
stardust_dragon
Stone Golem

Postby lord_eliwood » January 27th, 2013, 2:30 pm

stardust_dragon wrote:A Lapika pretty much has the same ability slightly better than a Death Tyrant and it come S5 standard.

A Primal Scream pretty much has the naga unity but a kick ass mage pet that out damage all mage pets.

A Draka pretty much a genie/mino and the best dd pet in the game.

Sorry, but we're talking about the REAL Rappelz here.
lord_eliwood
Red Pixie

Postby breaketh1 » March 7th, 2013, 7:06 am

DAMAGE against SCARECROWS

1. ogre
2. mino
3. undine
4. drillbot

this is with no pauses just straight use of skills exactly when they recharge

Kill Speed in a dungeon

1. Drillbot
2. Undine
3. Mino
4. i think i would put DT or WD here...depending on your class...Ogre simply doesnt compare with the dots unless u kill in 2-3 chips

with pauses between combat simply to switch mobs or to pull another mob and wait for the pets 1st attk the drillbot has more than enough time to generate charges. both drill and undine both hit each mob with about 2 skills. drill wins but undine takes agro over the drill because of the threat multiplier...im not going to go into stats and modifiers and equipment blah blah

but i think mino needs to be retested, it dint even come close to the raw kill power the drill and undine has.
breaketh1
Rappelz User

Postby evilite » March 14th, 2013, 8:18 am

@ breaketh1:

Nice with some info but do you have any data to add some credibility to those lists? Did you / whoever try them on US servers and what gear did they use?! Was they on a pet class?

Retired until further notice! =)
Evilite ~*~ Onesky guild of Lydian -> Fenrir -> Baphomet
Sweden!
evilite
Death Tyrant

Postby junon13 » January 21st, 2014, 5:31 pm

Drill/Undine/Mino/Ogre.Drill is simply 30% or better dd than second best Undine.Undine however is the best tank since it has at least one skill with huge threat modifier. Mino is a good DD but just got screwed on his third attack skill cool time=2 min.Ogre is useful on bosses and slows Butka well but lacks the spike damage and its dots rarely have a chance to be used fully since the mobs die before the dots are done.
junon13
Pantera

Postby Athyra » January 21st, 2014, 5:59 pm

breaketh1 wrote:Kill Speed in a dungeon

1. Drillbot
2. Undine
3. Mino
4. i think i would put DT or WD here...depending on your class...Ogre simply doesnt compare with the dots unless u kill in 2-3 chips

and how exactly to 4 melee pets do more damage than a Ranged DD soulpet in a dungeon when they barely have time to get 1 hit in on a mob before the mob is dead?

vs a scarecrow i am still not convinced that an s5 GK with conc/rf/timing/weakness will do less damage than any of the new T6 pets at s0/s1 (lets face it aside from corsola this is as highly staged as they come to regular humans - who wants to spend 95% of their time farming empties to repair?)

but in a dungeon, please, melee pets and melee classes barely get 1 or 2 hits off on mobs in a semi-decent dp, in a good dp they are not even participating in some kills

best DD pet of the game? in 8.2:
in cube, s5 GK Ranged DD
in pvp, s5 special nanani/frog Ranged DD, but this is unreasonably hard to do, so
in pvp, s5 rare nanani/frog Ranged DD
on a budget, s3/5 basic nanani/frog DD

in pvp i ignore these new t6 pets for the same reason as in dungeon, melee
  • Athyra 170 DE [677+ #1 DE, Tyrant]
  • Athena T3 S5 MM [349+]
  • Arachne T2 S1 SSK [502+]
  • Alts 167 Oracle, 164 BM, T3 MM/MB/WK/Magus/Cor, T2 OL, T1 VM/Oracle x5
  • Beta > Pantera > Yeti > PIRATE LIFE SCANDAL OMG > Tyrant
Athyra
Rappelz User

Postby thundernikk » January 21st, 2014, 6:30 pm

@Athyra

In breaketh1's defense he posted that in March of 2013, I can't remember if you could tame a soulpet then or not.

Yeah junon13 got you messed up with a nice necro post.
surreal34 wrote:Disclaimer: These numbers are entirely fictional and do not represent actual numbers in any way, except for the fact that they are numerical.
thundernikk
Rappelz User

Postby Athyra » January 22nd, 2014, 2:28 am

thundernikk wrote:@Athyra

In breaketh1's defense he posted that in March of 2013, I can't remember if you could tame a soulpet then or not.

Yeah junon13 got you messed up with a nice necro post.

Ah! Dates! Why are people necroposting so much!

And i fell right into the trap... damn you mornings!
  • Athyra 170 DE [677+ #1 DE, Tyrant]
  • Athena T3 S5 MM [349+]
  • Arachne T2 S1 SSK [502+]
  • Alts 167 Oracle, 164 BM, T3 MM/MB/WK/Magus/Cor, T2 OL, T1 VM/Oracle x5
  • Beta > Pantera > Yeti > PIRATE LIFE SCANDAL OMG > Tyrant
Athyra
Rappelz User

Return to Pet Discussion