content

Rappelz Forums

What Pet are You?

What's the best solo class?

Read game guides created by your fellow Rappelz players.

What's the best solo class?

Postby babe20033002 » February 22nd, 2011, 12:53 pm

Hi, I am wondering if anyone could tell me what class would be the best solo class. I really only do PVE and solo quest. I will eventually start doing DPs but I would like to survive while soloing also. I have a Huna already and really don't wanna play a pet class. Thank you to anyone who helps me.
And also if you think several are good. Could you please list them and the pros and cons of each. Thanx
babe20033002
Poultry

Re: What's the best solo class?

Postby rangedatkftw » February 22nd, 2011, 1:08 pm

It isn't clear to me what you are planning on soloing. If you are talking dungeons, pet class is the best. If you are planning on dropping money into the cash shop, then a HW can do it with the right pieces, but it's going to be slow and boring. You might want to expand on exactly what you are willing and not willing to do for soloing.

For soloing field mobs, ranged classes are usually considered the "best" since they do less running between mobs.

Depending on the type of class skills you like, I'd suggest

1) DM > Either second class
2) Strider > Shadow Hunter
3) Fighter > Archer

I find my warlock to be a faster farm, but heaven help me if a mob gets to me.

Shadow hunters have nice speed buffs and play well in dungeons due to styles. Doesn't take hits as well as an Archer, but better than DM.

Archers can take hits pretty well and deal out loads of damage. Starting at R4, chipped field mobs can be one-shotted by some skills on crits.

With E7P2, Shadow hunters are likely to get a significant boost from the increased belt stats.

All that said, I normally prefer field farming on my Archer or Warlock.
E6 Archer Guide
itoki wrote:Because I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. But if you insist....
rangedatkftw
White Dragon

Postby babe20033002 » February 22nd, 2011, 2:45 pm

What I do usually is I will solo on fields until I run out of quests then I will either just keep on with that or find a DP if I can. But I perfer soloing on the field.

And just for later preferance, which of the melee classes is the "best". And I know there is no best. But I like knowing what others think is the best to them. I know it all depends on the persons playing style.
babe20033002
Poultry

Postby rangedatkftw » February 22nd, 2011, 2:58 pm

For melee class, depends on how survivable you want to be.

For high survivability, go HW.
For fast farming, Assassin.
For a balance and good PvP, go Champion.

For field farming though, go ranged...
E6 Archer Guide
itoki wrote:Because I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. But if you insist....
rangedatkftw
White Dragon

Postby babe20033002 » February 22nd, 2011, 3:05 pm

ok ty :)
babe20033002
Poultry

Postby theodorixx » February 23rd, 2011, 1:47 am

You can also try petclass - BS or SB, with RP (later with dual RPs). Both BS and SB can be ranged with staff and fire arrow/energy beat. Maybe until you get dualsummon skill you will be slower than other classes mentioned in this thread, but then with dual RPs you will own them...
theodorixx
Blue Pixie

Postby rangedatkftw » February 23rd, 2011, 10:59 am

theodorixx wrote:You can also try petclass

babe20033002 wrote:really don't wanna play a pet class.
E6 Archer Guide
rangedatkftw
White Dragon

Postby lord_eliwood » February 26th, 2011, 6:12 pm

Choose a DM. What you choose as your second class is down to your personal preferences.

DM's are one of the easiest characters to be able to solo field mobs with due to the fact they don't need highly enchanted equips to be effective.

Use a BP or an RP, at earlier levels the BP will probably be more useful but at higher levels life leech and pots should be enough to keep your HP up.

The longest it should take you to kill mobs with a DM is 3-4 of your spams (Fire Arrow and Lightning Bolt)

I found the best build for soloing is int/vit stones due to the added survivability provided by vit stones. If you're going to use dura gear, you can use fiendish for a bit more matk, resilient to help with MP regen so you can use higher level spams, pdef for a bit more survivability, or cast speed for... Faster cast speed :p

When I first started I just solo'd field mobs that were my level to about 5 levels higher than me with just my RP until I was 80 and never had any real problems.

Clerics are also a reasonable class for soloing, they are slower than DM's but they have their buffs and heals.

For PvE Ranged is best, I would give you my opinion on archers and shadow hunters, but I haven't used those classes for PvE much ^.^
lord_eliwood
Red Pixie

Postby blestisthebest » March 7th, 2011, 12:57 pm

Get to 155 and become a sin like Crimnor with a DT.
Latest Video: "What chu know about Orcs?" ,,|,,
Come at me bro
blestisthebest
Death Tyrant

Return to Player Guides