content

Rappelz Forums

What Pet are You?

Best DD?

Read game guides created by your fellow Rappelz players.

Best DD?

Postby roril » June 27th, 2010, 3:22 pm

Hey i been playing rappelz for a little while. But i still cant seem to decide which DD i shud play. I love to do massive dmg but also trying to pick a fun class at the same time. I been told CM quite a few times. But i was also looking at the archer and soldier class. Any tips would be great.
roril
Poultry

Re: Best DD?

Postby darknsoulless » June 29th, 2010, 8:45 pm

it's a tossup between a warlock and a chaos mage (warlock does steady dd and chaos mage does spike dd, but both are good dd's)

Soldier and archer don't do more damage, but they do live longer when attacked (because the highest dd chars are usually the squishy-est)

So if you're going pure dd, pick wl or cm, but if you want to dd some and tank some go archer or soldier
darknsoulless
Orc

Postby xenalite » June 30th, 2010, 12:57 pm

I wouldn't really say, that Warlock or Chaos Mage is the best DD unless you have very good connection. It requires of you to spam skills all the time + throw a lot of debuffs.

The damage of all DD classes is similar though. I could say, that Mage is great DD and what not, but Summoners do the same damage with their pets. On the other hand, Warriors deal great damage with skills and get agro, which helps them tank.

It's not really, which class you should play to achieve the purpose of being the best DD. It's chosing a class, that you will like and work hard to make it the best DD amongst everyone other in the DP.
xenalite
Death Tyrant

Postby xistyarx » July 9th, 2010, 6:03 am

Not sure pure damage is the only thing to take into account. Sure you might be a great DD in a dp but if you get instant aggro because of it isn't very nice. I think a great DD class should be a mix of good dmg, aggro mitigating skills, decent survivability to not die every time tank lags.

Taking all those into account i choose SH as DD, good dmg, very low aggro (or high, depends how you want it), can use ethereal gear rather safe (as you don't get hit very much, so can get the most out of them), decent survivability (can pop a deep evasion for tight situations, most of the time helps, also good speed to run). But that's just my opinion, i noticed DM/CM are a bit more dmg(they also have nice hate lowering skill), but much more clicking.
xistyarx
Tortus

Postby walrusen » July 17th, 2010, 11:25 pm

Like what the others said, depending on what YOU personally want there are different DD's that could be "best" for you. I really like Warlocks for two reasons. Warlocks have really high steady damage, are great farmers, and don't have much trouble on champ mobs. I also have an sb that I dual summoned evo3 red pixies, but the class had few skills and wasnt fun for me. For soloing field and champ mobs WL is fun. If i were only interested in fighting champ mobs solo and liked being important in dp's I would pick a soldier or champ. If i really liked pvp i would pick archer. If i really liked seeing HUGE numbers i would pick CM. If I liked doing lots of damage with little threat in dps (and running really really fast) I'd pick an SH. If I liked tab f-1 i would pick a sin (just kidding, so no flaming sins out there :P). All DD classes have reasons behind them. There is no "best" only what is best for you ^.^

Archer pros: great spike dmg, great range, decent farming, great pvp.
cons: not usually looked for in dp's, high mana costs, few useful skills

Champ pros: good spike damage, can use a variety of equipment, good backup tank
cons: constantly spamming spiracles o.o

CM pros: nuke spells, good buffs, good at pvp
cons: high mp costs for nukes, long cool down for cool spells, limited cc for a mage

WL pros: self buffs, high steady damage, decent solo ability due to CC, traps, fun and challenging pvp, very fast farming
cons: not super desired in dps due to lower buffs than cm counterpart, no nuke spells

SH pros: toggles, high steady damage, gets little threat, runs really fast, not many issues with mana consumption, good range, good farming
cons: not that desired in dps, limited solo ability

Sin pros: high steady damage, cloaking ability, fast atk speed
cons: people always complain and say there are no good sins anymore, gets threat with eager build
DISCLAIMER: I don't know that much about sins; I've never played as one.

Soldier pros: better backup tank than champ, threat skills, good damage output, decent solo ability
cons: is expected to help tank/chip, mana costs (i had problems with mana on all my warrior class toons)

Evoker pros: has good damage output along with pet damage output, can solo moderately well, can tank if desperately needed
cons: no good pet heals, pets arent as strong as other petclass, limited dual summon

SB and BS pros: strong pets, can essentially have 2 pets out always
cons: I have both and i found them both boring due to lack of skills. BS has better crowd control with nightmare and has a few skills but both are mainly focused on only boosting their pets instead of having high damage output themselves.

Hope this helped. Sorry if I forgot anything, its 3a.m. and I'm too tired to proofread ^.^
walrusen
Yeti

Postby richnox » July 18th, 2010, 5:53 am

walrusen wrote:Soldier pros: better backup tank than champ, threat skills, good damage output, decent solo ability
cons: is expected to help tank/chip, mana costs (i had problems with mana on all my warrior class toons)

Tanking and chipping are cons? It's not good to tank and/or chip?

I know the OP requested information on dd classes, and you probably assume that tanking and chipping is always done by a knight. But the way you mention tanking and chipping by another class just bothers me.

Chipping can be done by anyone, but preferably by a warrior class. Warrior classes won't have their spells interrupted by chipping.
Ideally the tank chips, but often someone else does.
Tanking can be done by anyone and anything that can hold aggro. As long as you have a good healer around and the party knows how to cc.

And about mana costs: assassins don't have any issues with mana from level ~130 and up. They simply don't have enough useful skills to spam.
richnox
Lydian

Postby berimbau » August 5th, 2010, 9:50 am

richnox wrote:Tanking and chipping are cons? It's not good to tank and/or chip?

I know the OP requested information on dd classes, and you probably assume that tanking and chipping is always done by a knight. But the way you mention tanking and chipping by another class just bothers me.

Chipping can be done by anyone, but preferably by a warrior class. Warrior classes won't have their spells interrupted by chipping.
Ideally the tank chips, but often someone else does.
Tanking can be done by anyone and anything that can hold aggro. As long as you have a good healer around and the party knows how to cc.

I'd have to say that I prefer it if the tank chips. Reason for this is that it makes it much easier for the DD's to know what the tank has a hold of. If someone else is chipping, the tank could be focusing on mob A while the DDs are focusing on Mob B. A self correcting issue, quite frankly, as the first one on Mob B to out damage the threat originally posed to it will draw away Mob B and onto themselves.

My DD of choice has to be my Chaos Magician! He's, still, only lvl 68, but I can do more damage with him than I ever have been able to do with other classes I've played (and I've tried to play them all in the time I've been playing Rappelz). And there's something quite motivating to see a mob's health in LM go down by 25% in a couple of seconds when the right nuke goes off (thank you Dark Spiral...MAN I LOVE THAT SKILL!!! :twisted: )

Still, I've seen some Sins that were pretty awesome, as well. Best advice has been stated: pick one that is more your level of play and go with it!
berimbau
Gnoll

Return to Player Guides