content

Rappelz Forums

What Pet are You?

E6 Archer Guide

Read game guides created by your fellow Rappelz players.

Re: E6 Prologue Archer Guide

Postby calandria » April 23rd, 2010, 3:12 am

From my personal experience I had the biggest MP problems around R5, can't really say for R4 cause that was a totally different epic :)

With the higher lvl of groceries and pots/scrolls coming in on R6 I experienced way less mp problems. Even if you run totally out of MP, the next round of recharge will give you back a lot of MP since our base MP is kinda low.
calandria
Blue Pixie

Postby rangedatkftw » April 23rd, 2010, 1:01 pm

I tend to use a lot of groceries and energy charge for mana recovery.

When farming, my skills are maxed; however, I normally only use a single skill per mob (note that this is before the recent heat shot change.) While going to all skill shots would increase my farm speed for a bit, I would be out of mana pretty quickly.

If mana is an issue, I would consider either the blue pixie or octopus for the unity. Since my mana pool is large enough, the level 5 octopus unity works better for me than the level 5 bp unity and I get a PAtk boost as a bonus.

Another path that works pretty well is to try and max your crit ratio. That way you start to one-shot mobs with skill attacks.
E6 Archer Guide
itoki wrote:Because I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. But if you insist....
rangedatkftw
White Dragon

Postby whel0 » April 25th, 2010, 7:50 am

Crit ratio it will be as soon as i get one more lvl haha;):D
whel0
Orc

Postby dokuro_mitsukai » April 25th, 2010, 10:34 am

Crit Ratio does wonders for me. :mrgreen:

I found that my skills were maxed around lvl 90 and at this point R4 MP scrolls, food and pots weren't keeping my MP up as I would have liked. I had a +20 ancient R3 bow all the way up to 105. I was glad around 95+ that my bow had +4% crit because the damage output just wasn't satisfying me anymore either.

Hitting R5 was a big relief for me MP-wise, and hitting 110 the new food because sufficient. I bought a nice R5 bow and equipped Luck rings to make up for the lost crit on the R3 bow and my kill speed sky-rocketed. Luck rings increase max MP rather than max HP and thus your Energy Charge will give you more MP per charge. :wink:

But if people are open to trying out new things and have a bit of money to invest, I would recommend having a Harpy main pet, a Harpy (or Skel) belt pet, a set of Eager Luck rings and a Eager longbow. Now, I didn't manage to find a Eager longbow, but I do have Ancient gloves and managed to get 95+14 which is more than the Harpy wielding a Eager Xbow. At this point, using regular attacks is actually worth it. I can tank (and hold) using Mental Con and regular attacks only. When farming, all mobs that are about max chipping distance away can be killed with regular attacks rather than using skills and you still will not be touched. This saves you tons of MP without lowering your KS. It's an excellent farming build, but would not recommend it in DPs unless your stone build is Dex/Vit and you have a spare Yeti trans pot or Vit piece handy.
dokuro_mitsukai
White Dragon

Postby whel0 » April 26th, 2010, 12:27 pm

Ofcourse u can get descent damage when going with eager gears, though, to get best out off an archer i rly think one should focus on skills:) at least at my lvl... I dont rly have mana issues, though with new heat shot it is a bit harder...
Use the 6 basic attacks... i can spam those all i want with using lvl 140 mp groceries/pots and sometimes a scroll:)
whel0
Orc

Postby madhatteress » May 27th, 2010, 7:39 am

msperson wrote:This is a good guide :) I've got my archer to 68 now, and hopefully to 70 soon, so I can leapfrog to 88.

Exactly my thought. I still have questions tho.

I wanna be a "Nuker" and want to try to max my damageoutput. Coming from Evoker side I tasted good melee blood already and wanna continue with it on my Archer.

( Dexterity * 13 / 8 ) + ( Strength * 3 / 8 ) + Level + Equipment + Skill + Buff

My thoughts when reading your guide: If your formular is correct, wouldn't I get highest dmg output using Dext / Str stones? As in f*ck the Vit, mob dies first anyways?

If you still recommend Vit stones where to draw the line? Full Vit and full Dext? Full Vit, 4 dext, 2 str? Full Vit / 3 dext / 3 str? Full dext / 3 str / 3 vit?

Please don't go "test for yourself what works best" on me, cos I suck big time when it comes to math. I mean, starring at the formular - taking the numbers my mind goes: Dext gives 13/8 patk, str 3/8 on an Archer. So definitely the dext sounds more tasty. But if dext and str get multiplied for the final-patk, where is the break-even-point?

A little help there would be awesome, so I know what stones to throw in gear. Besides that I loved reading the guide, already grabbed myself a Harp, Siren and BP and can't wait to get in-game again.

(Plan is use Harp, belt Siren and use BP when Harp had a lvl up / or dp sucks big time and I use her for the heals).
madhatteress
Death Tyrant

Postby dokuro_mitsukai » May 27th, 2010, 8:37 am

Anyone who went Dex/Str is a fool to trade off Vit for a minuscule P.Atk gain and extra carrying capacity. I mean, at R5 a full set of rare Str gives you a whole whoopin' 32 P.Atk...GZ, here's your foam helmet. However, with new stones, things are a bit different. Let's take a look:

lvl 100 rare STR stone = +12 STR = +4.5 P.Atk (4 with round-down)
lvl 100 rare P.Atk stone = +20.8 P.Atk (20 with round-down)

A full 8-piece set of R5 Vigor stones will 166.4 P.Atk , which is much more interesting then 32 P.Atk from a 8-piece STR set (and doesn't require a foam helmet). A 8-piece VIT set will give you 96 Vit (2880 HP and 192 P.Def) which is a huge gain from just stones alone. Make this choice wisely, I tried a full Dex/P.Atk build and ended up going back to Dex/Vit since it crippled me too much. Specially with my Provoke Armor.

At R5, a Forceful dura longbow will gives you +108.5 P.Atk. It's a slow-firing weapon, so it loses durability quite slowly. This is highly recommended if you wanna be a "nuke" Archer.

So for max P.Atk here is my recommended build:

Archer:

Forceful Longbow
Guard of Proud (R5) (Witch quest armor that casts Provoke, +11% P.Atk/-12% P.Def)
Full Dex/P.Atk stone set
Lvl 90 Kenta belt (+14% P.Atk)
Forceful Dex rings

Harpy:

Forceful Longbow
Forceful Armor
Full Dex/P.Atk stone set
Skilled: Maxed attack-skills & P.Atk/Dex/MP Regen/Max MP passives

Note: I have a very highly-enchanted bow, which means if I go full Dex/P.Atk, there are very high chances that I will rip aggro off tanks with this build. DO NOT DP WITH THIS BUILD!

I had to go back to Dex/Vit because I could not effectively DP anymore without others asking for me to tone down my skills (a.k.a lowering your output, which is the whole point of this build), and quite rsiky in a fast farm spot. I still say Dex/Vit is the best overall stone build for Archer.
dokuro_mitsukai
White Dragon

Postby madhatteress » May 27th, 2010, 9:48 am

dokuro_mitsukai wrote:lvl 100 rare STR stone = +12 STR = +4.5 P.Atk (4 with round-down)lvl 100 rare P.Atk stone = +20.8 P.Atk (20 with round-down)
Lemme try to interprete this: Str on an archer = bull, patk stones are the way to go?

dokuro_mitsukai wrote:A 8-piece VIT set will give you 96 Vit (2880 HP and 192 P.Def) which is a huge gain from just stones alone.
Since I live in dungeon it's Vit / dext / patk build?

dokuro_mitsukai wrote:At R5, a Forceful dura longbow will gives you +108.5 P.Atk. It's a slow-firing weapon, so it loses durability quite slowly.
Sounds like a must have, will try to get one. :D

dokuro_mitsukai wrote:Forceful Longbow will search one
Guard of Proud (R5) got it cubed in wh
Full Dex/P.Atk stone set I guess from now on I have to collect those
Lvl 90 Kenta belt (+14% P.Atk) You wanna be my new rich uncle and buy me one? lol - will belt an orc or siren for starters, if not my mains beltyeti. A bit cheaper x.x
Forceful Dex rings I got forceful Crit rings, but fetching some dext aswell shouldn't be the issue :D

Since I couldn't find a satisfying Harpy build I'll just mess a bit with this thread and continue here, especially since Archer != petclass and she'll need different stats than my boyfriends BS Harp.

dokuro_mitsukai wrote:Harpy:
Forceful Longbow - Forceful Armor - Full Dex/P.Atk stone set
Skilled: Maxed attack-skills & P.Atk/Dex/MP Regen/Max MP passives

Today I went through Harpy skill tree and pretended to have a 120 Harp and calculated a build. I did this to avoid misskilling, hate to buy more than one respect per pet.

145 JP
- 1 Creature Item Expert
- 30 Awakening Patk
- 20 Blessing of Dext
- 20 Unity
- 10 Bless the Soul
- 10 Clarity
- 4 Weapon / Amor Passive
-10 (lvl 5) Tripple Shot

Raise Paralyze Arrow completely or just a few level and spend some at Overbreed Vit? Overbreed Str? Pdef passive?

I really am excited about this project, never did so much research before playing a class. Back in the days I would have just run into dungeon, but nowerdays I'm a bit wiser and want things to work - neither my Archer nor Harp should kiss the floor, just cos I couldn't be patient enough to wait for some smart guys to lend me some advice. :D

Btw thanks for spending your time with answering so far, it's a joy to read through it, tho I don't understand every detail a 100% yet.
madhatteress
Death Tyrant

Postby dokuro_mitsukai » May 27th, 2010, 10:19 am

morrhioghain wrote:
dokuro_mitsukai wrote:lvl 100 rare STR stone = +12 STR = +4.5 P.Atk (4 with round-down)lvl 100 rare P.Atk stone = +20.8 P.Atk (20 with round-down)
Lemme try to interprete this: Str on an archer = bull, patk stones are the way to go?

I still prefer Vit over P.Atk, but if you want max P.Atk to be a "nuker" P.Atk is the way to go. STR gives next to nothing. The only time Dex/Str should have been considered is if the Archer makes more use out of his Axes then most normal Archers. Aside from that STR is a no-go.

morrhioghain wrote:
dokuro_mitsukai wrote:A 8-piece VIT set will give you 96 Vit (2880 HP and 192 P.Def) which is a huge gain from just stones alone.
Since I live in dungeon it's Vit / dext / patk build?

I'm not very fond of hybrid builds, which is why I have 2 equipments sets. If you are mainly in dungeons, Dex/Vit is best overall build. The more HP you have, the more you get back from Energy Charge, this is why I like to have as much Vit as possbile in DPs. I say as a general rule of thumb, the higher the enchantment on your weapon, the more you should lean towards Vit. It is very dangerous to DP with a +10 or better longbow. I'd say anything above +10 you should go with 100% Dex/Vit for DPs. Farming is a different matter.

dokuro_mitsukai wrote:Forceful Longbow will search one
Guard of Proud (R5) got it cubed in wh
Full Dex/P.Atk stone set I guess from now on I have to collect those
Lvl 90 Kenta belt (+14% P.Atk) You wanna be my new rich uncle and buy me one? lol - will belt an orc or siren for starters, if not my mains beltyeti. A bit cheaper x.x
Forceful Dex rings I got forceful Crit rings, but fetching some dext aswell shouldn't be the issue :D

Forceful Crit rings would probably be best for overall damage output, but if you want to max put your P.Atk as high as it can, go Forceful Dex. Personally, I like Eager Crit rings, but thats a totally different build.

As for the belt Kenta, you could use Orc/Hawk for increased P.Atk, but it would have to be lvl 90 to get the P.Atk effect. I would say use your Yeti. I am a Atk Spd Archer so my belt is mainly a Harpy, but in DPs I'll switch to belt Yeti to start off (even if I'm not tanking) and then will swap back to Harpy if all goes well. I am too poor to spend 1.5b+ on a belt pet, so I do not have a Kenta either, which is why I chose Atk Spd build until I have more money.

I will PM you my Harpy builds, My main Harpy is 121 and my belt Harpy is 120. Both are identically skilled.
dokuro_mitsukai
White Dragon

Postby delineates » May 27th, 2010, 8:50 pm

I like a combination of P. Atk, Vit, and Dex for farming. 8)
delineates
Octopus

Postby madhatteress » May 28th, 2010, 1:39 am

Thx a lot for taking your time to carefully read my answer and type an easy to understand reply. Much appreciated here.

Since I usually live in dungeons (except for Trainee Island / Witch quest) and never farm I'll focus on building myself Vit / Dext. Getting different rings with strength / crit rate / vitality and the purple Force thingy should be affordable. Having 3 sorts of rings is nothing new to me, Evoker got the same issue of checking dp quality and switching rings if necessary. =)

Due to your great answer I deceided to not use any strength stones, cos my Archer loves his bow. The only situation for wearing my Vokers axes will be for "Smexy Screenshot" purpose only. I got a bow in reallife aswell (62 inch, 22 lb recurve) and find it extremely entertaining to see my Archer aiming with hers, no need to ruin the effect with axes. ^^

Taking my beltyeti from my main will prob be cheapest and easiest for starters, tho my Battlesummoner started raising an Orc - so I can switch beltpets if I feel uncomfy aswell.

GZ on having a +10 bow, but my toons usually use +5/10 to +7/10 at max, cos I'm not a friend of wasting thousands of E-pros and Ancient Cubes for an item. If I got the spare monies one day I might. Since I can't even afford my mainpets r6 equips time will show how things evolve.

I like your idea of an attackspeed build, but tbh I leave that to my boyfriend. He got an attackspeed battlesummoner, currently working on his attackspeed shadowhunter. It's easier to get equips when we don't outbid each other. He can have the speed, I tend to the force. I like to see how deep I cut the mobs *lol*

I already read your PM and will write my answer in a second. Not everyone needs to know what color our panties got. ;)
madhatteress
Death Tyrant

Re: E6 Archer Guide

Postby coleam » September 11th, 2010, 9:30 am

Are you planning on this guide for E7? Because if not, I've got an E7 Archer guide currently in the works.
Image Lydian Server Veteran

Rappelz Customer Service: rappelz@gala-net.com
Rappelz Tech Support: rappelztechsupport@gala-net.com
Rappelz Server Status: http://totoro.mine.nu/status.php
coleam
Death Tyrant

Postby rangedatkftw » September 11th, 2010, 7:23 pm

E6 Archer Guide
itoki wrote:Because I like to give people the benefit of the doubt. But if you insist....
rangedatkftw
White Dragon

Postby darkshad3 » November 20th, 2010, 10:34 am

Are sure ur lvl 95 ?
Well you the most epic lvl 95 and you sure know your stuff ^_^
If not update ur dynamic sig xD

Karanina wrote:Sadly the mods and the "people that are taking your money" (which by the way, you DON'T HAVE TO give, it's your choice to do so) are working on the issue

read the bracket bit =D
darkshad3
Harpy

Postby rangedatkftw » November 20th, 2010, 11:49 pm

At the moment, I'm level 96.

I'm currently saving up money to get a Harpy, so I'm on alts more at the moment.

And thanks for the compliment.
E6 Archer Guide
rangedatkftw
White Dragon

PreviousNext

Return to Player Guides