content

Rappelz Forums

What Pet are You?

Oracle Build

Discuss the Holy Warrior, Cleric, Breeder and their advanced classes here.

Oracle Build

Postby mindfreakdub412 » July 4th, 2012, 3:26 am

I'll be rebirthing to oracle to gain better heals for cube parties. However, i havent the slightest idea on how to stone/belt it. I figured that my devouring gear will be ideal since faster heals= better heals... I also am thinking about going int/wis with the new +33 stones. Im not sure as you can see..

Any tips from oracles out there? (waiting on booboo's page long analysis :lol: )
"Impossible is a word to be found only in the dictionary of fools." - Napoleon Bonaparte
mindfreakdub412
Yeti

Re: Oracle Build

Postby kamuacc2 » July 5th, 2012, 1:44 am

Aim for 240-250 castspeed with full buff.
Get an s5 bp, with good matk (blue pixies converts 100% of its matk into healing) for main pet (staff and magewall with int and matk stones - bp rarely takes agro in good pt, res if yes :D )

The remaining part you should balance in between matk and manaregeneration. A 3k base mpregen should be enough with 22k mana pool to heal through almost anything, spamming lvl20 heals in [gouda] situation and still get back the mana within downtimes (have a lvl1 resto on a quick button so you can cheaply refresh your rapture)

Even though your matk only counts for about 30% of your healing power, not much can be done by you after cast speed and needed mana perservability is reached, so get a marbas set to boost your matk as well.

So generally stones: cast speed till you reach the 250 castspeed (gain from castspeed is rapidly deteriorating above that), than int+wisdom (more int if you have less mpregen problems, since matk as well) or vit if afraid and might have random players that do not take of agro off you.
Get belts: 2 s1 im, remaining s4 sirens, dominatus card or yeti if afraid of dieing.

I prefer having a 2ndary bp to dual summon for 10 sec as well. You need to have good timing for this though to be applied propery. When you see that pt pulls in 2 or more mobs do the following decision tree:
1. are mobs still far away? -> yes -> 2. is your main pixie ready to use some healing (not all on cooldown) -> yes -> start summoning secondary blue pixie, and however above your mains healing if needed

Any other way you probably dont have time to get 2ndary out in time.
If you get it out though, and have all their skills properly shortcutted, and you can fire and manage "3 toons" at the same time, in next 10 sec noone wil die + you get 1 extra favo. You can use 3 skills out of the 4 of bp in the 10 sec. I usually fire up the 2 fast heals and favo, if too much pt damage than the pt heal, 1 fast heal and favo on the secondary.

Have miracle and briliant harmony (if you have it) shortcutted for [gouda] happens situation.

Oh, and of course use only buttons for healing, toon selection takes away your mouse anyways.

Morkie
kamuacc2
Pantera

Postby ihealyourbooboo » July 5th, 2012, 8:59 pm

I like Morkie as an Oracle and I guess her build is nice. Though I don't know why she belts 2 s1 IMs since 2 x s0 gives the same Int/Matk. I'll have to bring that up to her on team speak sometime.

Morkie has more experience with Oracles than I do. The short time I did play my Oracle this epic, we didn't have heal aggro so I was full Int/Wis and I never used Cast Speed. Instead, my build was Ghostly so my MP regen was really through the roof since Rapture is a % of your MP Regen increasing the base would increase the bonus as well.

With that mind, I would compensate for my lack of cast speed by consistently spamming heals BEFORE a mob was even pulled, and it seemed to work and the only deaths I had in party were people dying on warp because I hadn't loaded.

I do think Morkie has the better build though, now with heal aggro back you can't be so reckless with your heals. I would still always recommend 1h staff + magewall over 2h staff since Oracles have a higher Divine Shield than Cardinals and that skill is a life saver. Add on to that 4% Int from Magewall you're looking at more M.atk

As far as pets go nothing beats a s5 BP. My BP unbuffed can put out 34k+ heal with Prayer + Celestial Prayer easily.

Edit: I am so used to using mouse to heal btw, that it amazed some people when they saw that's how I heal. Go figure: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s2PNNo_TyU4&feature=plcp is how I heal.
ihealyourbooboo
Ifrit

Postby kamuacc2 » July 5th, 2012, 11:39 pm

I have 2 s1 IMs cause at the time I made them I based my assumption on the "clear and always correct" details of the skill of the pet. :P
If Boo says 2 s0 covers the need than it should be enough.

The spamming Before heal is used by me too. Restoing up people with lvl20 is possible too, touch (and the deva sill for the tank at boss) used freaquently also helps to "preheal". I use lvl4 heal in case no damage yet, and lvl20 when I already know who is expected to take big hits. Have no mana issue, but if you want to boost your mreg I would still just switch a siren on belt with an ifrit rather than switching some of those castspeed stones to wisdom. There is no beltpet that could give you castspeed.

Cast speed is needed as you can never know when those glasscannons will start to switch agro. Have 3 cardinal and some voidmages in your pt, and you won't have always a clear guess on who will start to take enourmous damage and when, and the BEFORE healing only works on 1 player and not 4.

Heal by mouseclick sounds nice ( used in wow, means always a tiny second faster reaction time ) for right click I would love to have something too. Too bad no more choices on my crappy mouse. Gonna ask Boo about this on ts, cause link seems to be broken.

kamuacc2
Pantera

Postby xenalite » July 9th, 2012, 12:14 am

Don't listen to Morkie! She's a terrible healer. :o fr0sty foreva! :mrgreen: :mrgreen:
xenalite
Death Tyrant

Postby prehistoricman » July 9th, 2012, 12:00 pm

Hmm not really much to add gear-wise. I run with a lot more vit in my build, but that's because I don't have a dedicated cube set.

My hotbars are a bit of a hybrid. I use both buttons and clicking (and I rearrange them constantly in cube parties).
Lydian Server Veteran
Fenrir Server Veteran
prehistoricman
Mystic Koala

Postby xxryoohkixx » July 16th, 2012, 7:17 am

Are you sure healing aggro is back? I was duoing with someone in the cube dungeon last night, and I could have sworn he could exit via the portal after I healed him and I wouldn't get aggro. This would happen if he pulled and got 3+ mobs. I would have seen him get hit and start to spam heals. Then he runs out the portal and the mobs run back and reset.

It's possible I'm completely wrong about that but I'm pretty sure that was happening.

Anyway, I need to get some new gears for my oracle one of these days. I'm still using my old T2 stuff :(
xxryoohkixx
Wolf

Postby xxryoohkixx » July 20th, 2012, 8:14 am

Well, after doing some more DPs recently, I definitely get aggro now from healing. I wonder if healing aggro was dropped if someone else went out the portal or if I'm just completely misremembering what happened.

Anyway, I'm glad healing aggro is back because it was too easy without it.
xxryoohkixx
Wolf

Return to Deva