content

Rappelz Forums

What Pet are You?

The Pet Farming Guide (Updated June 2)

Read game guides created by your fellow Rappelz players.

The Pet Farming Guide (Updated June 2)

Postby evilnixon » June 7th, 2008, 2:18 pm

Pet Farming Guide

Contents of this Guide

My Disclaimer

1. What is Farming?
a. The +5 Rule

2. Pet Farming Locations and Mobs that Drop
a. Pet Card Drop Map
b. Tier Drop System

3. Tips for Farming

4. Delevling
a. Methods for Deleveling
1a. With a Cleric
2a. Without a cleric

My Disclaimer
Ok so we're back for round two on this one. As we all know, things didn't go so well the first time around. Because of that this guide will now be a farming guide only. I will try to keep this as up to date as I can. If you would like a Pet guide check out ZooZoo's Pet F.A.Q. It is kept up to date and very user friendly.

I am leaving this topic unlocked. I encourage constructive criticism and helpful responses. If you do have something you would like to bring to my attention, either post a comment on this guide or send me a PM.

1. What is Farming?

Farming is when you stay in one area and kill the same type of mobs over and over again hoping for a certain kind of item drop. This is done mostly in Rappelz to gain pet cards. Farming is just a matter of luck. Some players can enter an area and be there less than an hour and leave with what they wanted. For most players, however, it takes a long time to get what you’re looking for. So don’t get discouraged if you’re in the same place a week (in some cases even a month) later and still farming.

In Epic 5 the farming game has changed some. Now not only do the mobs you farm drop cards, but ALL mobs in Rappelz now have a chance to drop taming cards. To quote Itoki on how the new system works:
itoki wrote:Monsters of a tamable type (All orcs, kentas, tortuses, cerberuses, etc.) drop empty pet cards that are ONLY their own type.

Monsters not of a tamable type drop a specific assortment of pet cards. Low level monsters can drop Panteras, Poultries, and Tortuses. Mid-level monsters can drop Sirens, Red Pixies, Blue Pixies, etc. High level monsters drop Hawkmen and Salamanders. Very high level monsters drop Angels and Kentas.

White Dragon and Cerberus cards ONLY drop from their respective monsters in the new dungeon...and one other foe.

a. The +5 Rule

The general rule in Rappelz is that, when farming, farm mobs five levels above your level. Your chances for a drop are better that way and you don’t have to constantly heal. When you click on a mob it will display a box at the top of your screen with the mobs level and their health bar. The color of their level corresponds not only with how much higher or lower level they are, but also with your drop rates.

This has been questioned between players and there really isn't much evidence to prove or disprove this theory. So for now we are calling it a myth and it is only being posted in here to serve a possible guide to new players.

Red - Orange - and Yellow – These mobs are 5+ levels higher than you. You'll get better exp but you'll have to heal more often than not. If you're going to go after these mobs, make sure to bring a lot of potions and scrolls, possibly even a cleric. The +5 myth states that the drops are better from these mobs.

White – These are right around your level. You'll heal about an average amount, get an average amount of exp, and the +5 myth states that your drops too will be average.

Purple - Blue – You will kill tons of mobs with little down time. However, your exp is lackluster. The +5 myth states that farming these will also give you lackluster drops. It's been proven though, that a lot of people get their drops this way.

2. Pet Farming Locations and Mobs that Drop

This list was composed of comments off the forums and PMs sent to me by other players. If anyone else has any CONFIRMED pet card drops that aren’t listed, let me know and I’ll place them on here. If anyone sees something on here that doesn't drop cards and they know for a fact it doesn't, let me know and I'll remove it. These mobs still drop their pet cards in Epic 5 along with the new tier drop rate system.

Common

Skeleton
- Skell Fighter 30-33, Lake Messy
- Bone Collector 33-35, Mourning Graveyard
- Skell Warrior 35-37, Dead Spirit's Altar
- Toxic Skell 40+, Wolha Cemetary

Orc
- Orc- Orc Taurus Pal Plat-upper side with the storm wings
- Orc Leader 30-31, Harvesting Woods
- Orc Berserker 35-38, eastside of Ivory Tower
- Orc Lord 75-79, Westside "Coast" of Palmir Plateau

Yeti
- Yeti Berk 35-37, Magical Experimental Field
- Yeti 34-36, Ivory Tower
- Fierce Yeti 60+ south side of Sirens
- Thetaclawed 60-65, Southside of Siren's Island
- Yeti Whisker 79+, Northside of Palmir Plateau
- Yeti Prime 88+, Crystal Mountain

Siren
- Siren Child 41-50, Siren's Island
- Siren Queen ~110, Crystal Coast

Water Pixie
- Blue Fairy/Crystal 31-35, eastside of Laksy Anchor
- Petal Blue/Waterwing 50-55, eastside of Rondo
- Blue Pixie 50-56, Westside of Pitch Black Woods
- Quartz/Crystal Pixie/Crusty 72-75 [++], Con 1+ of Crystal Valley

Fiery Pixie
- Firefly 43-45, Eastside of Templar Headquarters
- Fire Wing 53-54, Fairy's Woods
- Will O' Wisp 61+, Southside of Rondo
- Red Fairy Queen 73-75, westside of Ceriu Desert

Wolf
- Blue Wolf Pup 7, West and North of Trainee Town
- Nimble Wolf Pup 11, Ginko Grove in Tranee Island
- Bushy White Wolf 121, Veiled Island
- Silver-Chested Timber Wolf 122, Veiled Island
- Long Fanged White Wolf 123, Veiled Island
- White Wolf Lupa 124, Veiled Island
- White Wolf Pack Leader 125, Veiled Island

Uncommon

Hawkman
- Lvl 40ish Hawks at Pyre Site (mob name?)
- Lvl 43 Hawk outside of Assasin's Guild (name of the mob?)
- Hawkman 73-82, Northside of Palmir Plateau
- Pal Plat Tallon Fighter 78ish

Salamander
- Petit Salamander – approx.55, Southside of Rondo
- Edkina – approx. 60, Westside of Ceriu Desert
- Doubleside Salamander - approx. 70, center of Ceriu Desert
- Salamander King - 75+, Northside of Ceriu Desert
- Salamander - approx. 120, Mare Village

Harpy
- Shadow Tracer 10x, Palmir Plateau, Con 3 (but scattered everywhere throughout PP)
- Dark Tracer 10x?, Palmir Plateu?
- Rushing Wedge 100, Palmir Plateau, Con 3
- Abel Jadae 151, Crystal Mountain South

Rare

Angel
- Angels in Fairy Woods
- Plichu 30 - West of Laksy Anchor
- Angel 38-43 South Fairies Woods
- Angel 80+, Northside of Palmir Plateau

Kentas
- 40 - 45 - Kents South of Templar HQ
- Celebes 79+, Needleleaf Forest

Gnoll
- Gnoll Raider 35, Lasky North just west of Ivory Tower
- Gnoll Savage 36, Lasky North just West of Ivory Tower
- Ilrios 170, Crystal Mountain

a. Pet Card Drop Map

I found the link to this map floating around the forums. It is a map of the entire Rappelz world with the pet card drop locations, the pet, and the average level of the mobs that are in that area that drop the card. Keep in mind this map may not be 100% accurate in levels of the mobs, but since it gives the location, and any mob of a tamable type can drop a card, I'm leaving this up.
http://img339.imageshack.us/img339/4396/mapaes.jpg

Kudos to user JayJack making this map. You can find this map and a list of dungeon maps in this thread: viewtopic.php?f=437&t=953678&start=0

b. Tier Drop System

This is the best information I could find on the tier drop system. If it is inaccurate please let me know.

Tier 1
Tortus, Poultry, and Pantera
Drop at lvl 1 mobs and above

Tier 2
Orc, Siren, Blue Pixie, Red Pixie, Yeti, Skelly, and Wolf
Start dropping from ~lvl 30 mobs and above

Tier 3
Hawkman, Sallys, and Harpies
Start dropping from ~lvl 90 mobs and above

Tier 4
Angels, Kentas, Cerbs, and Gnolls
Start dropping from ~lvl 120 mobs and above
However, empty cerbs only drop from Cerberus mobs and one other foe

Tier 5
White Dragon
Empty White dragons only drop from other White Dragons and one other foe.

3. Tips for Farming

Don’t stress out if you are in the same place forever. When I say forever, I really mean FOREVER. It’s a process and it’s all about luck, so just stick with it. Odds are eventually you’ll get what you want.

If you’re going to fight the higher level mobs, don’t fight too many. There are mobs that have an aggro range. Don’t pull these then run off and fight something else unless you are prepared to fight all of them (or you have a cleric with you, either one).

Don’t be afraid to chip.
Chips are easy to get and you’ll gain enough lak by the time you’re done to probably gain back most of what you’ve used. This works until you hit R4 and can't purchase chips with lak anymore. After R4, my best suggestion is just to chip at your own discretion, since they actually are costing you money now and you might be saving them for a DP. For everyone else who isn't R4, just remember, you’re probably farming mobs higher level then you and this will make it TONS easier to kill them quicker.

Bring Pots and Scrolls, because you’re going to need them. Unless you want to spend a majority of your time sitting on your bum gaining HP or running around looking for a healer, you need to do this. If you don’t, you’ll spend most of your time pushing daisies or sitting around.

Pick up your drops! There are multiple reasons for this. 1. Who couldn’t use the extra cash? Chances are if you’re farming for a pet card, you can’t afford to buy one at the Auction House. If you’re really unlucky, you will be stuck farming forever, so you might actually gain enough Rupees to buy a pet card before you get one that will drop. That and you could use the extra items, and if not, sell them or warehouse them later just in case you get some bad immo. 2. Leaving the items there places stress on the server. When you place more stress on the server you get more lag. The more lag you get the less farming gets done and the more you get lagged out of Rappelz.

Bring only what is necessary!
You’re going to gain A LOT of items and rupees from farming. Unless you want to be running back and forth to town a lot, don’t bring a lot of stuff that is going to weigh you down.

These are just tips and you don't have to follow any of these. However, doing these will make your farming life in Rappelz a whole lot easier.

4. Deleveling

It is possible to delevel in Rappelz. It is rather painless. If you do feel pain while deleveling, please see a doctor. Deleveling is when you let mobs kill you so you will loose exp, and go down a few levels. People will do this so they don’t out level the mobs they are farming. This is completely optional. If you don’t feel like deleveling search for the next highest mob you can farm and move there. However in Epic 5 deleveling isn't that neccissary since any mob can drop cards. However, I'm leaving this section up to anyone who feels like farming Epic 4 style.

a. Methods for Deleveling
There really is only two ways this can be done, with a cleric and without. Both have their plus sides and their negative sides. Which ever way you want to go about it is purely up to you.

The most popular way to delevel your character is to take them to Rondo, set it as your return point, and walk out of town limits and get killed over and over by the salamanders.

Another good way has been brought up by lilrobinia.
lilrobinia wrote:Let me add a hint I followed up in the past:

If you have a HV pass (otherwise it would cost like 2x160(?)K):
1. teleport to City of Ruins
2. set return point there
3. use your mount
4. ride outside to the north to any mob
5. get killed in 1 hit
6. start over with 3.
When done get back to HV, choose a city for return point.

1a. With a Cleric
The whole point of bringing a cleric with you is to resurrect you. This cuts back on how much time you spend being dead and/or walking back outside town limits. The only real downside to this is that when the cleric casts resurrect on you, you gain back a percentage of exp lost when you died.

2a. Without a Cleric
The upside to this is you don't regain exp from the cleric casting resurrect on you, but the downside is you get to walk back outside of town every time you die.
Last edited by evilnixon on February 4th, 2009, 7:35 am, edited 15 times in total.
evilnixon
Rappelz User

Re: The Pet Farming Guide (Updated July 9)

Postby terrryy » July 9th, 2008, 1:24 pm

evilnixon wrote:This time around I am leaving this topic unlocked. However, if it starts going like the previous guide did, it will be locked. I encourage constructive criticism and helpful responses, so lets keep the flaming out of this one.

It's odd that you're implying that we were troublemakers who "ruined" the last thread, and now you're making threats to have this one locked if it doesn't go well. First of all, the previous guide never had any replies for the simple fact that it was locked from the very beginning, so I'm not sure what you mean by "if it starts going like the previous guide did."

Instead, I assume that you're referring to this: http://rappelz-forum.gpotato.com/viewtopic.php?f=423&...

However, there isn't a single inflammatory comment or personal insult in the entire thread; everything is presented in a civil manner that's well within forum rules. We, as part of the community, had concerns over some incredibly misleading information and issues with plagiarism posted on your previous guide that simply needed to be addressed. The fact that the previous guide was posted in a sticky made it all the more detrimental to newcomers who are likely to believe it to be official and 100% accurate.

A simple apology for your mistakes would have been sufficient rather than casting the blame for the demise of your previous guide on us.
terrryy
Octopus

Postby evilnixon » July 9th, 2008, 1:31 pm

fairl1ght wrote:
evilnixon wrote:This time around I am leaving this topic unlocked. However, if it starts going like the previous guide did, it will be locked. I encourage constructive criticism and helpful responses, so lets keep the flaming out of this one.

It's odd that you're implying that we were troublemakers who "ruined" the last thread, and now you're making threats to have this one locked if it doesn't go well. First of all, the previous guide never had any replies for the simple fact that it was locked from the very beginning, so I'm not sure what you mean by "if it starts going like the previous guide did."

Instead, I assume that you're referring to this: http://rappelz-forum.gpotato.com/viewtopic.php?f=423&...

However, there isn't a single inflammatory comment or personal insult in the entire thread; everything is presented in a civil manner that's well within forum rules. We, as part of the community, had concerns over some incredibly misleading information and issues with plagiarism posted on your previous guide that simply needed to be addressed. The fact that the previous guide was posted in a sticky made it all the more detrimental to newcomers who are likely to believe it to be official and 100% accurate.

A simple apology for your mistakes would have been sufficient rather than casting the blame for the demise of your previous guide on us.

Yes the last guide was terrible. Yes, I said it, terrible. Anyone who did bring anything to me personally did get an apology. So now to make it public, I am sorry I botched the last guide, and I am trying to fix my mistakes. We are all only human after all. And to you, fairl1ght, I'm sorry it was taken so offensively by you. I will edit it to make it less so "incriminating"

-edit- I have already spoken with cammy about the "plagiarism issues." That has been set to rest.
evilnixon
Rappelz User

Postby itoki » July 9th, 2008, 2:10 pm

And now that that's out of the way, please keep all responses both civil and relevant to the current version of the guide.
Customer Service: Rappelz@gala-net.com
Billing/Item Shop Help: Billing@gala-net.com
itoki
Rappelz User

Postby justgrindin » July 10th, 2008, 4:46 am

I've gotton cards from mobs listed above, also had drops from:

Skelly- Skelly warrior 37ish-whoa (3 crads)
Orc- Orc Taurus Pal Plat-upper side with the storm wings. (2 cards)
Yeti- Fierce Yeti south side of Sirens (one card)
Hawkman- Pal Plat Tallon Fighter 78ish (one card)
Kenta- PBW cant remember the 85ish levels name, also 95ish Kentas by Rocky (one card in the spawning corner to the north, right before the valley that goes over to witches/angels)

JustGrind
Yeti
justgrindin
Orc

Postby lilrobinia » July 10th, 2008, 8:06 am

evilnixon wrote:The most popular way to delevel your character is to take them to Rondo and walk out of town limits and get killed over and over by the salamanders.

Let me add a hint I followed up in the past:

If you have a HV pass (otherwise it would cost like 2x160(?)K):
1. teleport to City of Ruins
2. set return point there (even true for Rondo:))
3. use your mount
4. ride outside to the north to any mob
5. get killed in 1 hit
6. start over with 3.
When done get back to HV, choose a city for return point.
Fenrir/Lydian server
LilRobinia 12x Archer, DocAdams 12x Bishop
Troubadix 13x Evoker, MyDarkAngel 11x Warlock
LilLeia 15x Soul Breeder, Laktina 14x Assassin
lilrobinia
Ifrit

Postby canadianeh_1 » July 10th, 2008, 10:24 am

100% agree with lilrobinia, you have a lot less travel time to get to the mob as well as the tele spot is close to the mobs. It is pretty costly to get the the ruins without a HV pass but if you are deleveling to farm you usually have the extra money kicking around.

As well you can delevel very fast with 2 people that have 2 blue pixies. Res scrolls are you friend and everyone usually has a tonne of them. Get 2 guildies with blue pixies to follow you out, after you die once you can delevel very fast. Res once with scroll, blue pixe, scroll, blue pix, buy that time CD for 1st res scroll should be done and repeat. No need for a cleric at all and you dont gain any exp from res scrolls so it serves very well.
Canadianeh Lv 81 JLv 35 OB Soul Breeder
+10 81 Yeti Prime
+10 73 Aqua Pixie
+10 70 Salamander Crescent
+10 66 Blades Pixie
+10 66 Siren Lady
37 Skeleton Fighter
36 Orc Junior
Bahamut
canadianeh_1
Hawkman

Postby sadisticsatyr » July 10th, 2008, 5:39 pm

One thing for the deleveling:

AFIAK you get less exp returned through a cleric resurrection the lower their level of resurrection.

Resurrection level 1 +0 is going to be best. You can delevel super quick if your cleric has a bunch of resurrection scrolls and also a blue pixie to res you. :twisted: Pretty much eliminates any cool down time. Also, be sure to strip :wink:
sadisticsatyr
Orc

Postby kierrok » July 10th, 2008, 7:37 pm

I've had a Hawk drop from hawks near Pyre Site, the lvl 40ish hawks there.
kierrok
Poultry

Postby trushinobi » July 10th, 2008, 10:44 pm

Just like to add:

Orcs lv90+ also drop in PP con1 as of 2 days previous to this post.

Still waiting for Hawk and Angel drops :mrgreen:
trushinobi
Tortus

Postby cognit0 » July 11th, 2008, 2:28 am

I've got a hawkman card from a lvl 43 mob in front of Assasin Guild.
cognit0
Octopus

Postby knightofrounds » July 11th, 2008, 6:06 am

evilnixon wrote:
4. Deleveling

Yes, a cleric with lvl 1+0 Resurrection, Res scrolls, and a BP is the way to go.

Another way to speed along the delvl process is by gaining a lot of immorality. You lose more exp when you die the more immorality you have. :D
AnimusDraconum Guild
Lydian Server
Fenrir Server
Baphomet Server
knightofrounds
Orc

Postby nooooooblet » July 15th, 2008, 5:22 am

hey an alternative way to dlvl, which i find very fast get a fair bit of immo (depending on how many lvls you want to go down) then turn pk on (obviosly bank all your equip and trade in lak etc) then go to east of horizon where numerous R5 ppl hang out for some reason, with pk on and immo you loose a tonne of xp then respawn in horizon turn on pk again and repeat
nooooooblet
Pantera

Postby lilrobinia » July 15th, 2008, 8:00 am

evilnixon wrote:- Doubleside Salamander - approx. 70, center of Ceriu Desert

Since yesterday I can confirm that's even true for Chondrostay :mrgreen:
Fenrir/Lydian server
LilRobinia 12x Archer, DocAdams 12x Bishop
Troubadix 13x Evoker, MyDarkAngel 11x Warlock
LilLeia 15x Soul Breeder, Laktina 14x Assassin
lilrobinia
Ifrit

Re: The Pet Farming Guide (Updated July 18)

Postby evilnixon » July 17th, 2008, 12:08 pm

OP has been updated.
evilnixon
Rappelz User

Next

Return to Player Guides