content

Rappelz Forums

What Pet are You?

Game Crash

Get help with technical problems from fellow players here. This forum is not monitored by the Customer Support Team and is intended to be a community-based help.

Game Crash

Postby archimago011 » March 8th, 2012, 2:28 pm

hey guys ive been playing rappelz for the last..mm 3 weeks? and suddenly im getting a game crash, sometimes it happens after an hour or so playing, and sometimes right after the gameguard screen, and not always, but sometimes it reboots my pc :S how can i fix this?
archimago011
Poultry

Re: Game Crash

Postby thundernikk » March 8th, 2012, 3:12 pm

This could be a security or another program conflict with game guard although...

archimago011 wrote:but sometimes it reboots my pc

This makes it sound like you are getting a "BSOD" which points to either a serious program conflict or a hardware failure.

If you are getting "BSOD"s your computer should be generating a .dmp file in C:\Windows\Minidump

This file can be ran through a debugger to see what is causing your issue. You should be able to take it to any tech center.

If you are not getting a .dmp file created it is possible that the restarts are caused by an anti virus with auto defense enabled.

You would need to set exceptions to allow the game guard process so that it does not try to protect your PC when game guard starts by shutting it down with a restart command.

gameguard.des and gamemon.des are the two files that need exceptions set.

There may also be a DEP conflict which the following steps will solve...

For Windows Vista or Windows 7:

1. Open your start menu and proceed to enter the control panel.
2. Open your "Performance Information and Tools"
3. Click on Advance Tools
4. Once the window opens click the option "Adjust the appearance and performance of windows"
5. Windows will prompt you to ask for permission to proceed click "Continue"
6. A new window will pop up labeled "Performance Options" click the tab labeled "Data Execution Prevention"
7. On the screen you have two options please check the item labeled "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select"
8. Once you've done that click the "Add" button and go into the Rappelz folder (Usually C:\Program Files\GALA-NET\Rappelz_USA) and add Launcher.exe and Sframe.exe to the list.

For Windows XP:

1. Open your start menu and proceed to enter the control panel.
2. Open your "Systems" Icon
3. Click on Advance Tab
5. Go to Settings under the Performance section
6. Go to the Data Execution Prevention Tab
7. On the screen you have two options please check the item labeled "Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select"
8. Once you've done that click the "Add" button and go into the Rappelz folder (Usually C:\Program Files\GALA-NET\Rappelz_USA) and add Launcher.exe and Sframe.exe to the list.
surreal34 wrote:Disclaimer: These numbers are entirely fictional and do not represent actual numbers in any way, except for the fact that they are numerical.
thundernikk
Rappelz User

Return to Technical Assistance