content

Rappelz Forums

What Pet are You?

Change the 4 new 160 underground dungeons

Have a suggestion to improve Rappelz? Post it here!

Change the 4 new 160 underground dungeons

Postby corsola112 » September 6th, 2013, 11:51 pm

I want to suggest to change the 4 new 160+ dungeons
To something that is actually worth going to ?

They're VERY challenging dungeons..
While I think this is a good idea, there's bad xp, and very bad rewards.

So there's no reason someone would go here other than checking out how the dungeons work and then be disappointed..

For the difficulty I would suggest to:

Lower the amount of witches the final boss comes with at the initial spawn from (Either 10 or 15? It is hard to tell because there are way too many.)
To 5.
5 witches at the same time is very challenging and can be fun, 15 is a deathtrap and people don't want to go to a dungeon knowing they will at least die once or twice per dungeon run.

For the rewards I would suggest to:

Change the way we get the reward from this dungeon.
At the moment we have 1 collectable chest with items, that only one person gets to open.
I want to suggest you change that to 1 chest per person in the party.
Right now, the person with the fastest computer gets to open the chest and he/she gets 1 random reward...
This is unfair and will definitely not work if you play with players you do not know well.

This change you can easily do through the following:

A Repeatable quest;
you can only collect the chest if you have that quest
There's 8 chests in each dungeon
They do not respawn.

This way each complete dungeon run; everyone has a chance to open a chest of their own.

With these changes, the xp will be a bit lower than cube dungeon, but the rewards will be a bit higher than cube dungeon.
Also, the final boss is way more challenging than the final boss from the cube dungeon. Therefore I think these changes make it balanced out.

I'm writing this because these dungeons have a lot of potential, they're just elaborated wrong.
You may disagree with me here, but how many people go there? That's right, maybe 5 DPs have taken place per dungeon.. Probably less

Want to modify, or have some suggestions of your own? Feel free to post.
ImageImage
WTB Haksa and ghostknight w/ windsong, critrate armor passiv, patk weapon passiv, rapidfire, dex awakening, timing attack -- Baphomet server
corsola112
Rappelz Moderator

Re: Change the 4 new 160 underground dungeons

Postby nalks » September 11th, 2013, 2:51 am

They didn't fix lagfest Sanct.
They didn't fix crappy doors in cube.
Not holding my breath for any major changes to these new dungeons.
nalks
Stone Golem

Postby bahluni » September 11th, 2013, 3:31 am

@ nalks they did inc the amount of drops from chest to 1-3 on KTS, so i have some minor hope of seeing some improvements.

The most annoying thing about these dungeons is the mssive delays and crashes resulting from them. Not sure if we got that update of getting 1-3 drops or if the chance of additional drops is extremely small, but we ended up only getting single pieces of d2 stuff. That doesn't make it very motivating and planned to wait untill delay gets fixed and / or the drops get upped a lot. Would help if the main boss could drop anything other than d1 and if there could be somethign more usefull than a low amount of powers in the other chests.

A more minor thing is that you have to make very sure that your pet is still with you. I've lost mine a lot at the start as did many others.

corsola112 wrote:
[color=#00FF00]For the difficulty I would suggest to:

Lower the amount of witches the final boss comes with at the initial spawn from (Either 10 or 15? It is hard to tell because there are way too many.)
To 5.
5 witches at the same time is very challenging and can be fun, 15 is a deathtrap and people don't want to go to a dungeon knowing they will at least die once or twice per dungeon run.

Did you ever go there with a templar? I tried an unbuffed solo when i got mine 160 and could easily handle 2 witches at the same time with a healpet and hv's. 5 shouldn't be much of a challenge in a decent setup quad / dp. A temp can easily survive pulling a full room of witches as long as he gets enough dethreat heals. Delays take the fun out of it though.

Delays start at around 4 or 5 mobs and it builds up rapidly to the point of not being able to do anything. On top of that all the delayed info will lead to crashing if it takes a party to long to kill the mobs. This often ends with several people dieing.

The underground dungeons seem to be designed for templars tanking, but the endless delays and crashes hardly help. So my main suggestion would be to do whatever is needed so temps can really tank and stop staring at the screen hoping their party can handle the mobs. I know it's (usualy) a choice to have a temp aggro a full room with mirror amp so DD's can aoe them, but choice has little to do with getting the same delays when the boss summons mobs.

If it's to complicated to reduce delays when hit by mobs, disabling or reducing the amounts of mobs summoned by bosses and /or witches would be the next best thing. Even removing link aggro when mobs aren't in patrol mode would help somewhat if the other 2 suggestions don't happen.
bahluni
Cerberus

Postby corsola112 » September 11th, 2013, 7:21 am

bahluni wrote:Did you ever go there with a templar? I tried an unbuffed solo when i got mine 160 and could easily handle 2 witches at the same time with a healpet and hv's. 5 shouldn't be much of a challenge in a decent setup quad / dp. A temp can easily survive pulling a full room of witches as long as he gets enough dethreat heals. Delays take the fun out of it though.

5 witches shouldn't be a real issue for the experienced and nicely geared up players, but they would still have to pay attention and not make any mistakes.
But eep in mind that not everyone is very experienced and has all the nice shiny gear/pets. For the average DP, 15 witches is a deathtrap :D
If the average players are not able to visit dungeons that require teamwork to complete, it will take a whole lot longer for them to become experienced.

And with those delays, I would rather not have 15 witches ganking me either because of this:

bahluni wrote:Delays start at around 4 or 5 mobs and it builds up rapidly to the point of not being able to do anything. On top of that all the delayed info will lead to crashing if it takes a party to long to kill the mobs. This often ends with several people dieing.

I think it's safe to say these dungeons could have been a LOT better.

I was actually looking forward to them when they were announced, and 4 of them too! wow :D
Because always cube dungeon for over 2 years is getting a bit repetitive.

It's a shame that they.. messed it up so much.

So take a look at my 'new dungeon suggestion' topic ? :D
ImageImage
WTB Haksa and ghostknight w/ windsong, critrate armor passiv, patk weapon passiv, rapidfire, dex awakening, timing attack -- Baphomet server
corsola112
Rappelz Moderator

Postby ravgor » September 11th, 2013, 12:24 pm

i like the dungeons as they are if the delays would not happen from all the dang mobs. Every time i have made it to the cheat room warp portal at the end of the dungeon i keep getting a client error from loading all the dang mobs that keep spawning. Its not hard to get gear if everyone in ur dp agrees to get one box per dp (my groups can easily do 8/hour with no problems). Its the random dp where the first person in gets the drop that suck because i cant even load in the portal room at all. Not to mention the current bugs boxes we all know and hate.

I like the idea of the challenge and its fun as heck without all the cube warping (not to mention the exp is great), but even if they ever fix the boxes (never gonna happen for at least another 1-2 epics) i do not trust 95% of the 160 people on the server enough to even dp with them as i have met 160+ people that have less brains then the npc guards that walk around town.

ravgor
Nightmare

Postby nalks » September 11th, 2013, 3:10 pm

bahluni wrote:@ nalks they did inc the amount of drops from chest to 1-3 on KTS, so i have some minor hope of seeing some improvements.

corsola112 wrote:Also, at the moment the chests in the end are bugged, so you will not get ANY gear :cry:

Unless they fixed this bug it sounds pointless in going to the underground dungeons.
nalks
Stone Golem

Postby c0up3 » September 12th, 2013, 10:19 am

Don't you guys get it? They don't care about any of you, REALLY. They don't do the real tests on kts, they just test it to be sure it works, not to see if there is any bug. The real tests are when its LIVE and they change it only if they stop drinking the coffe and care enough to get up from the char . Thats about my trolling.
But really now, they do really not care, and they never will. Spawning 15 witches = more deaths = more gmfb and pieces = $$$$$$ = thats enough reasons for them. They don't really care that people quit every day because game is not fun anymore, even the most stupid people realized how our devs don't care about them, so why should i?
I suggest all people to take a break from the game for ONLY 1-2 weeks, all at once. Go find a private server to waste your time if you can't live without rappelz, go with your GF in town, your boyfriend, idc, find something to do. Thats the only way those devs see that we can make a stand.

PS: Neightrill, i don't give a crap about your warnings, your company also helped on ruining the game. Our grudge is against the devs, so don't make our grudge against your company bigger than it already is. Or you guys felt offended that i asked people to take a break from your game? THEY SHOULD, maybe you guys also need to see that the PLAYERS matter, you can't do nothing without them. You already lost many of them since you bought the game!
Coupet - 155 Marksman - Baphomet
Soul pets guide Site closed
Rappelz Guide Site closed

evilite wrote:Without goals Rappelz is just a chat program
c0up3
Blue Pixie

Return to Suggestions