content

Rappelz Forums

What Pet are You?

WEBZEN Portal Merge FAQ

Discuss all aspects of Rappelz.

WEBZEN Portal Merge FAQ

Postby [CM]Neightril » May 14th, 2014, 8:18 am

Update 05/19/2014: Planned changes will not take place on May 21st, but a week later, on May 27th.

In March we informed you about an upcoming change to our game portal, and we have an update for you! Click here to see our past announcement about the WEBZEN Portal Merge. This FAQ addresses questions you may have about the upcoming changes to your social experience

So, Webzen.com, gPotato.com and gPotato.eu are merging into a single games portal, what’s going to happen to my account?
Regardless of the portal(s) you play on, your account(s) will be merged into one new WEBZEN account, which will give you access to all the titles currently operated on those 3 portals – and all the future ones, too!

What do I have to do to make it happen?
It will be very simple: on May 21st, if you go to any of the 3 portals, you will see a redirection screen that will take you to the brand new WEBZEN portal. There, simply hit “log in” and enter your details. For the vast majority of you guys, that’s it. Your account will be converted, and you can continue playing any/all of the games you love, or even try new ones!
Sidenote: as part of the process, we’ll ask you to confirm your email address, so make sure you’ve got access to it!

So, “vast majority?” What about the “small minority?”
Good question! In a very small number of cases, there are duplicate IDs or duplicate emails across portals. For example, if you use an account on both gPotato.eu, and Webzen.com, and you have registered those accounts with the same email address, they will be seamlessly merged together.

What if I have accounts registered with different email addresses?
Then each of them will be considered a separate account, and become a new WEBZEN account. You see, a confirmed email address is how we identify you.

What happens if I have premium currency (W Point (c) or gPotato) on several accounts and they get merged?
The gPotato will be converted to Wcoin (with exactly the same cash value) and then your balances will be consolidated into your new Wcoin balance.

Ok, what if my account ID is the same as another player’s account ID? Say I have Gandalf on gPotato.com and there’s a Gandalf on Webzen.com?
That’s another good question. Our data shows that it’s pretty rare that 2 different players (different email addresses) have the same name, but if it happens to be the case, we don’t want to play favourites, so those names won’t be available to anyone. Both you and the other player will have to choose a new account ID, like Gandalf1… or maybe Radagast? ;)

Ok, but I heard you guys are launching new forums as well, what about my forum nickname?

There were a lot of nicknames that people had in common there, so in order to give everyone a fair chance, we have reset the forum nickname database. You will be able to either keep your nickname or choose a new one, on a first-come, first-served basis. If you don’t want “Batman” to be taken, we suggest you update your account and try our brand new forums as soon as possible!

Speaking of soon, when are you launching all this exactly?
We are targeting May 21st, but this date is subject to change as we iron out all the kinks!
Kind regards,
Neightril

|| Like Rappelz on Facebook || Follow @Rappelz_Game on Twitter || Follow @Neightril on Twitter ||Join the Rappelz Subreddit|| Contact Customer Support ||
[CM]Neightril
Rappelz Team

Re: WEBZEN Portal Merge FAQ

Postby mad_man » May 14th, 2014, 9:24 am

Means I can finally change my forum nickname... :D
WTB Baph Server S0 Unique food

My Slayer Site

Youtube
mad_man
Ifrit

WEBZEN Portal Merge FAQ

Postby xxgouronxx » May 14th, 2014, 9:46 am

hello,

i read now the news about the portal merge, but i have one question where i cant find a answer.

what will happen if i have an account on rappelz.eu and rappelz.us with teh same email. will they also get merged?
xxgouronxx
Lydian

Postby blablablaagain » May 14th, 2014, 9:56 am

So, if I and another player happen to have the same account name, will I automatically be asked to change the account name? Or will my account just be blocked and I will be asked to contact customer support?
blablablaagain
Blue Pixie

Postby blablablaagain » May 14th, 2014, 9:59 am

I asked this already in the official topic, but might as well ask it here. What happens if I and another player have the same account ID? Will I automatically be asked to change the account name or will my account just be blocked and I will have to contact customer support? Cause if I have to contact customer support, that will take months (based on experience) and I might as well just quit.
blablablaagain
Blue Pixie

Postby 300men » May 14th, 2014, 10:01 am

xxgouronxx wrote:hello,

i read now the news about the portal merge, but i have one question where i cant find a answer.

what will happen if i have an account on rappelz.eu and rappelz.us with teh same email. will they also get merged?

It already said from the announcement stated as below

For example, if you own an account on both gPotato.eu, and Webzen.com, and you have registered those accounts with the same email address, they will be seamlessly merged together.
300men
Octopus

Postby hawk4hire » May 14th, 2014, 11:07 am

Please keep your questions and comments to the Official thread. I'll merge this one with that one.
FEAR THE RETURN OF THE BUNNY CLOAKS - THEY'RE BAAAACK! :-)
OneSky Guild

Remember the new pets are really the old pets in Deco gear!

Need Help?? send a message to the 911 of Rappelz:
http://en.rappelz.gpotato.com/Support/ContactUs/
hawk4hire
Rappelz Moderator

Postby shalindor » May 15th, 2014, 12:58 am

300men wrote:
xxgouronxx wrote:hello,

It already said from the announcement stated as below

For example, if you own an account on both gPotato.eu, and Webzen.com, and you have registered those accounts with the same email address, they will be seamlessly merged together.

No that is not the anwser to the question, 'cause the anwser describes the possibility of having the same mail address at gPotato.eu AND Webzen.com

BUT

his/her question points toward having an US account (Rappelz-US) and an EU account (Rappelz EU) with the same mail address. These are already two different accounts with the same address. So if he had even an Webzen.com account with that mail address too, what will be the result?
Merging both accounts Rappelz-US and Rappelz-EU into one Webzen.com account with that mail address?
shalindor
Tortus

Postby [CM]Neightril » May 15th, 2014, 1:06 am

blablablaagain wrote:So, if I and another player happen to have the same account name, will I automatically be asked to change the account name? Or will my account just be blocked and I will be asked to contact customer support?

This will all happen through the portal. As the FAQ says you will have to change the ID but the process doesnt require you to send a ticket -> there will be a form on the website you can use for that. Here is the important part for this to work though:

Sidenote: as part of the process, we’ll ask you to confirm your email address, so make sure you’ve got access to it!
Kind regards,
Neightril

|| Like Rappelz on Facebook || Follow @Rappelz_Game on Twitter || Follow @Neightril on Twitter ||Join the Rappelz Subreddit|| Contact Customer Support ||
[CM]Neightril
Rappelz Team

Postby blablablaagain » May 15th, 2014, 1:15 am

[CM]Neightril wrote:
blablablaagain wrote:So, if I and another player happen to have the same account name, will I automatically be asked to change the account name? Or will my account just be blocked and I will be asked to contact customer support?

This will all happen through the portal. As the FAQ says you will have to change the ID but the process doesnt require you to send a ticket -> there will be a form on the website you can use for that. Here is the important part for this to work though:

Thanks a lot for the reply. So I will be able to use my account immediately, as long as I have access to my email?
blablablaagain
Blue Pixie

Postby [CM]Neightril » May 15th, 2014, 1:19 am

blablablaagain wrote:So I will be able to use my account immediately, as long as I have access to my email?

Yes.
shalindor wrote:his/her question points toward having an US account (Rappelz-US) and an EU account (Rappelz EU) with the same mail address. These are already two different accounts with the same address. So if he had even an Webzen.com account with that mail address too, what will be the result?
Merging both accounts Rappelz-US and Rappelz-EU into one Webzen.com account with that mail address?

The "if you own an account on both gPotato.eu, and Webzen.com, and you have registered those accounts with the same email address, they will be seamlessly merged together." part was just an example. Same goes for US and EU gPotato accounts (or as you put it "Rappelz accounts) of course. You'll end up with 1 account.
Kind regards,
Neightril

[CM]Neightril
Rappelz Team

Postby shalindor » May 15th, 2014, 5:13 am

There is something that is not really god, currently i play Rappelz as the EU servers, because i am from germany and beside the automatically conversion from gpots to WCoin (which is ok), i cannot find Paypal as payment option at the webzen portal. I usually use Paypal buying gpots but it seems that after the merge of the portals, there is no direct payment option Paypal, which i can use to buy WCoins.

Seriously? No Paypal? ... WTH

If this is really the case after the merge, i guess there a many players like me that do not spend money at the cash shop anymore, because of using "X" services in between the transactions is far too complicated and i personally do not want additional accounts for payment services like UltimatePay or such.

Also, Paypal as payment option is used in Rappelz EU since late Epic 4 and i guess i am not the only one who is "not amused" if Paypal is suddenly not available anymore.
shalindor
Tortus

Postby [CM]Neightril » May 15th, 2014, 5:22 am

shalindor wrote:Seriously? No Paypal? ... WTH

We had the Paypal discussion in the older thread about the portal merge already and like I said back then, there are no plans to get rid of the Paypal payment option.
Kind regards,
Neightril

[CM]Neightril
Rappelz Team

Postby shalindor » May 15th, 2014, 5:42 am

Thanks Neightril.
Seems i did not recognize the Paypal related posts in that thread.

So "no pIans to get rid of the Paypal payment option" means, Webzen will add the Paypal payment option after/during the merge of the portals, because at the very moment there is no such payment option.
shalindor
Tortus

Postby naabi » May 15th, 2014, 9:39 am

So I've gpotato.us and gpotato.eu accounts in same email but id's are different? So I've only one account after merge if I don't change other email before that?

And which one id i use after merge?
RIP Yeti: Coolest Server EVER!!1
We Want Our Bunny Cloaks Back and COMPENSATION!!1
*Also Waiting Promised Player Appreciation Event!*
naabi
Ifrit

Next

Return to General