content

Rappelz Forums

What Pet are You?

EPIC 8 part III discussion

Discuss all aspects of Rappelz.

Re: EPIC 8 part III discussion

Postby thundernikk » January 21st, 2014, 4:37 am

dacorum1 wrote:hi,
I have a question regarding the changes from 8.2 to 8.3; from 5 classes of pets to 3 classes.
If I have a pet tamed in 8.2, let's say a melee dd, but wasn't lvled till 8.3, the skill set will change or will remain as 8.2?

cristoo wrote:Blender (here: http://rad-community.org/index.php/topi ... l#msg49873) has pointed out how the original cluster-fak of skills that were planned for 8.3 creatures has been reverted to the ol' current system in 8.2 of healer/tank/patk-melee/matk/patk-ranged

As to your question the Type of pet tamed in 8.2 would have stayed the same any way.
surreal34 wrote:Disclaimer: These numbers are entirely fictional and do not represent actual numbers in any way, except for the fact that they are numerical.
thundernikk
Rappelz User

Postby randart » January 21st, 2014, 10:05 am

thundernikk wrote:
dacorum1 wrote:hi,
I have a question regarding the changes from 8.2 to 8.3; from 5 classes of pets to 3 classes.
If I have a pet tamed in 8.2, let's say a melee dd, but wasn't lvled till 8.3, the skill set will change or will remain as 8.2?

cristoo wrote:Blender (here: http://rad-community.org/index.php/topi ... l#msg49873) has pointed out how the original cluster-fak of skills that were planned for 8.3 creatures has been reverted to the ol' current system in 8.2 of healer/tank/patk-melee/matk/patk-ranged

As to your question the Type of pet tamed in 8.2 would have stayed the same any way.

I dont think he was asking about pet Type but skillset, your answer is accurate a melee pet would have stayed a melee pet after 8.3 gets live, however to really answer his question, the skillset might of been different since the skills a given pet gets are taken from a pool of possible skills if that pool changes after the new patch then the skillset might of been different (we talking about a pet that wasnt leveled at all prior to the patch).

none of this is relevant since the supposely changes regarding soul pets was reverted back to what we have right now (except for some passives), so no need to worry about going into a taming frenzy due to not be able to get a real "perfect" pet anymore.
randart
Harpy

Postby thundernikk » January 21st, 2014, 12:56 pm

randart wrote:I dont think he was asking about pet Type but skillset, your answer is accurate a melee pet would have stayed a melee pet after 8.3 gets live, however to really answer his question, the skillset might of been different since the skills a given pet gets are taken from a pool of possible skills if that pool changes after the new patch then the skillset might of been different (we talking about a pet that wasnt leveled at all prior to the patch).

none of this is relevant since the supposely changes regarding soul pets was reverted back to what we have right now (except for some passives), so no need to worry about going into a taming frenzy due to not be able to get a real "perfect" pet anymore.

If that is the question then I am almost certain the pets skills are assigned or set when the pet is tamed. They are just not revealed until they are leveled but the random skills should already be set in stone so to speak.
surreal34 wrote:Disclaimer: These numbers are entirely fictional and do not represent actual numbers in any way, except for the fact that they are numerical.
thundernikk
Rappelz User

Postby c0up3 » January 21st, 2014, 4:38 pm

From what i know the skills are the same as before, nothing changed. But from what i was told by many people, we just didnt got all skills in same class while testing but they were lucky enough to get them while taming on retail. But i think i could say that most skills are already revelead and known by most people. Blender's site should have accurate information of like 95%.
Coupet - 155 Marksman - Baphomet
Soul pets guide Site closed
Rappelz Guide Site closed

evilite wrote:Without goals Rappelz is just a chat program
c0up3
Siren

Postby junon13 » January 21st, 2014, 5:04 pm

Can you tell me in 8.3 which relic will have more at speed between harpy relic and dt relic?
junon13
Pantera

Postby thundernikk » January 21st, 2014, 5:50 pm

junon13 wrote:Can you tell me in 8.3 which relic will have more at speed between harpy relic and dt relic?

They already did on the previous page.

khyttikat wrote:Both unities at level 15. It's kinda of nice since melee and tank pets are now getting DT/Harpy.

Knight with DT
+246.8 patk
+21.3 atk speed

Nanani with Harpy
+224 patk
+30.3 atk speed
thundernikk
Rappelz User

Postby naabi » January 23rd, 2014, 1:39 am

If I remember right someone said here on this topic that weapon passives will changes on soul pets (melee/healer pets)? So they will change also already tamed or only for new ones which will tamed when 8.3 is revealed here?
RIP Yeti: Coolest Server EVER!!1
We Want Our Bunny Cloaks Back and COMPENSATION!!1
*Also Waiting Promised Player Appreciation Event!*
naabi
Ifrit

Postby zephiix » January 24th, 2014, 2:50 am

I'm excited

I want to be OP for an epic :lol:
Luvs - 160 Oracle
zephiix
Stone Golem

Postby droplyfe02 » January 24th, 2014, 11:54 pm

So they not raising the level cap? They need to raise that and add a new dungeon with 180+ mobs
droplyfe02
Yeti

Postby corsola112 » January 25th, 2014, 2:25 am

I think they should add more R6 and 15x 16x dungeons before they do that.

Cubric is a terrible dungeon.
ImageImage
WTB ghostknight with: Dexterity perception, evasion perception, windsong unity, atkspd% armor, P atk% weapon, rapidfire, timing attack and preferably immersed in battle! PM me ~Baphomet server
corsola112
Rappelz Moderator

Postby alexandercadeyrn » January 25th, 2014, 3:03 am

corsola112 wrote:I think they should add more R6 and 15x 16x dungeons before they do that.

Well they could remove all the warpgates, make mobs consider room entrances "walls" anyway and just put corridors in between rooms... that would alrdy make it half a real dungeon ;-)
alexandercadeyrn
Rappelz Moderator

Postby corsola112 » January 25th, 2014, 5:55 am

alexandercadeyrn wrote:
corsola112 wrote:I think they should add more R6 and 15x 16x dungeons before they do that.

Well they could remove all the warpgates, make mobs consider room entrances "walls" anyway and just put corridors in between rooms... that would alrdy make it half a real dungeon ;-)

And allow us to walk on top of the 'bumps' that are as high as 20cm or so. Would make the dungeon soooo much less buggy.

ImageImage
WTB ghostknight with: Dexterity perception, evasion perception, windsong unity, atkspd% armor, P atk% weapon, rapidfire, timing attack and preferably immersed in battle! PM me ~Baphomet server
corsola112
Rappelz Moderator

Postby alexandercadeyrn » January 25th, 2014, 6:30 am

Treating the the gaps in the floor of Butka room as "glas" (or "magically solid nothing you can walk on perfectly fine") would help, too...
alexandercadeyrn
Rappelz Moderator

Postby c0up3 » January 25th, 2014, 7:16 am

droplyfe02 wrote:So they not raising the level cap? They need to raise that and add a new dungeon with 180+ mobs

From what i heard, there's a chance they will raise the lvl cap in the next epic
Things i know so far about next part/epic:
- this part 3 is last part of this epic, next will be epic 9
- the test server will last now 6 months instead of 3 like before, so it will be a lot more since we get the next part/epic, but also kinda proves the first point
- theres a chance they will raise the lvl cap
- there will be big chances in the next part/epic from what i heard from devs, we dont really know whats it about or if they will really be big or not, we will see.
Coupet - 155 Marksman - Baphomet
Soul pets guide Site closed
Rappelz Guide Site closed

evilite wrote:Without goals Rappelz is just a chat program
c0up3
Siren

Postby droplyfe02 » January 26th, 2014, 9:10 am

Totally agree with you on cube being crap but even if they add a shiny new dungeon same level range mobs and raise level cap what will be the point? XP will be so totally crap it wont be worth doing after 170. Its not really worth doing after 165 now unless theres xp event.
droplyfe02
Yeti

PreviousNext

Return to General