content

Rappelz Forums

What Pet are You?

Ranged Soul Pets

Discuss the pets of Rappelz here.

Re: Ranged Soul Pets

Postby madhatteress » July 16th, 2013, 5:26 am

irishjosh wrote:
khaamu wrote:so wyvern DD is melee, dinos DD are Matk, what about stone cold DD and other birds? which pet can have a Matk DD tree?

I was under the impression that all soul-tamed pets had the potential to be a Mage, DD, Tank or Ranged Dex build. Am I wrong in that assumption?
I mean that's how it looks in the new official guide (http://en.rappelz.gpotato.com/Game/The-Pets/Soul-Taming).

You should know by now how these guides work, who writes them and how accurate these are.

But yeah, a pet that gets a RANGED dd skill as a FAMILY active but obviously doesn't come in ranged flavor, is a fail. I soooo wanted a ranged dd pidgeon and wyvern, but it's not gonna happen from the current looks. Instead the frogs, which doesn't look very ranged to me, can get ranged.

*frustrated big time*
madhatteress
Death Tyrant

Postby bahluni » July 16th, 2013, 5:44 am

bambobambo wrote:Basic attack range is like the ranged of BP/RP/Naga/WD.

But with decent active skills and this +10% M.Atk./+80% Int./+80% Wis./+80% Atk. Spd. They are supperior to all old M.Atk. DDs.
If your lucky to get Frost Queen's vengence for you M.Atk. DD it will deal good damage.

I'm not sure what you mean by basic attack range, but i'll asume you mean the range of basic attacks and not the range of skills. Sadly the healer types i have use melee range for basic hits. I don't have any matk types yet and a person i asked mentioned that they use melee range for basic hits. This was rather disappointing, but still hoping that it might depends on pet type / rarity as well.
bahluni
Cerberus

Postby 1traicam » July 16th, 2013, 8:24 am

I have a [Rare] Golden Piper from Sanc. It is a mage DD pet that does ranged attacks (skills AND basic hits).

So far of the ~15 nananis that I've tamed, none has been mage DD.
1traicam
Rappelz User

Postby notmygod2 » July 16th, 2013, 11:38 pm

Ranged basic attacks depend entirely on the species of the pet you tamed though you can get ranged skills on a melee pet (and they can even have a ranged species skill...) but if it is not designed to use ranged basic attacks no amount of taming will result in a truly ranged pet.

The unicorn is an example of a pet with 100% ranged active skills that unfortunately uses melee basic attack.

The Red Pixie and Harpy are examples of pets with 100% ranged active skills that use ranged basic attack.

and while Im not going to throw away any cards on an ugly frog the way the mob functions in game doesnt strike me as ranged at all.
notmygod2
Wolf

Previous

Return to Pet Discussion